my absences

kuulani

hi friends. well, i'm back ... sorta. i'm actually been popping in more and more lately, whenever i find the time.

life's been CRAZY busy these days. my 2-yo has been diagnosed with mild autism almost a year ago (have i been gone THAT long?) and he now has daily speech/occupational therapy. added to this is my jobs, my husband and my eldest daughter. life is full!

but i'm glad to pop in every so often to catch up and see that life still goes on ... so what's new here?

Man! Are those kids growing!
Sorry to hear about the baby, hopefully the therapy is helping? I know they have come leaps and bounds in treating autism so I am sure things will be well :)
We miss you.

his autism is pretty mild, kinda borderline. the only thing i worry about is that he'll be 3 in january and the only word he says is "mama". at least that's the best word EVER :D

Aw....that is the sweetest word.
How long has he been attending the therapy? A year? Or was that just when he was diagnosed?

He was diagnosed around 2 and we started his therapy about 6 months ago. Right after he started therapy he started babbling, whereas before he was mostly silent. Now he's babbling and saying "mama", so we're positive that he'll be talking our ears off one day :D

Oh definitely! :D
I think it's great that he is going for therapy everyday! Right on!
Malory had a little boy in her daycare class last year who is mildly autistic but the mother won't do therapy because she "doesn't want him labelled"...and I'm all "well, do you want him helped?".
I guess I can understand her sentiment but the kid is 3 and he needs the help, worry about labelling when it's actually an issue. I think she is really shortchanging the kid.

Aw - it's always tough when you see your child struggling more than others. I know - I have problems with one, too.

But the one thing that always remains constant is how much they love you and you love them.

He picked you to be his Mom for a good reason ;)

Malory had a little boy in her daycare class last year who is mildly autistic but the mother won't do therapy because she "doesn't want him labelled"...and I'm all "well, do you want him helped?".
I guess I can understand her sentiment but the kid is 3 and he needs the help, worry about labelling when it's actually an issue. I think she is really shortchanging the kid.

I had problems with this too, but we wanted to try everything possible to help him. I guess the issue of being labeled will come up when he starts school.

Back