My Cable Modem has gone Phut!

Aunty Em

It died on me yesterday lunchtime. So I'm temporarily surfing with my old 56k dial-up modem again! A free 120 hr trial with AOL to be exact, that I just happened to have lying about in case of emergencies.... boy what a palava that was connecting everything and trying to get the cables to reach... :rolleyes:

Anyway I just got the happy news that the engineer is coming to sort out the modem or replace it on Tuesday. Wonder if I can use up 120 hours by then? :D

Just remind me never to voluntarilly go back to dial-up...... IT SUX!!! :eh:

Pities our favorite Aunt...AOL & dial-up, in one sitting :shivers:

Man, that is gonna be a hellva reinstall to get all that shit off your machine...

Good luck with getting the cable modem fixed ASAP!

Nixy said:
Man, that is gonna be a hellva reinstall to get all that shit off your machine...

Good luck with getting the cable modem fixed ASAP!

Tell me about it! :mope:

I don't know what you're complaining about - when I move in a few weeks, I'm going to be without internet for a few weeks. :eek:

Sorry to hear about that. AOL... oooh scary.

You know why AOL is number one? Because there are THAT many clueless people in the world. And more signing up everyday.

Anyway, I could never go back to dial up. And if I had the money, I'd get something faster than my DSL. But it ain't so bad 384dn/384up

As far as that 120 hours goes, I could easily defy the laws of nature and use it up in one night. :D

pc_builder said:
Sorry to hear about that. AOL... oooh scary.

You know why AOL is number one? Because there are THAT many clueless people in the world. And more signing up everyday.

Anyway, I could never go back to dial up. And if I had the money, I'd get something faster than my DSL. But it ain't so bad 384dn/384up

As far as that 120 hours goes, I could easily defy the laws of nature and use it up in one night. :D
Scary's right... I miss my cable! This is worse than snail mail! :crying4:

God I wish I was rich! Then I could be happy being miserable... or something like that... :confused:

Back