my monitor is the suck.

BlurOfSerenity

g'dammit, i hate my monitor.

the screen is so dirty that no ammount of cleaning cleans it... i've tried.

the plastic and stuff on it is so dirty and discolored,

the the screen jumps and flickers at times, and lately has taken to strobing very gently and very barely-noticeably.

my friends complain of my monitor when they come over. "i hate your monitor" is a common phrase heard here.

i write draw and scrawl on it lately, because i know that once i get a better one (notice i didnt say "new"... i said "better"..), this is going straight to the dump, i wouldnt wish this monitor on anyone.

i'm afraid to discover i am epileptic in this manner. it would suck to have a seizure due to my monotor's strobage.

and i just took a picture. behold my monotor's friends... Rufus Fruitypebbles, Pinky, and Mr Quackers... and my prom corsage. ^_^

so yeah..

MY MONITOR IS SUCK!

actually, i think the only part of my main needs for my computer... meaning, my keyboard, monitor, mouse, and actual computer.... only my mouse doesnt suck. i love my mousie. i've had him for five years and he still works as well as he did on day 1.

What's your refresh rate set on your monitor?

Also, I feel your pain on technology that sucks. However, take that monitor to the Salvation Army or somethin'... it's better to recycle the parts rather than fill the dump with potentially toxic leads and such from computers and parts. :)

I suppose I should say, your refresh rate should be at no less than 75Hz. If your computer can handle more... go with 85Hz.

lmao... i have no clue, i am just aware that i have a huge clunker of a picture-box hooked up to my cpu and it's driving me crazy... how do i find this out?

really i just need a new comp. i should scrap this all and start anew. ('cept maybe my mousie)
my comp sucks like whacktards. 350mHz... "i'm surprised it runs XP!" says Kittie (she's a member here). but i'll save that foranother thread and another day.

Ah... ok... sorry. :)

I think Win2k and WinXP will have the same way of getting to this...
Right click on your desktop... click the "settings" tab.... click the "advanced" button... click the "monitor" button... you will see "monitor settings" somewhere in the middle ... toggle the "Refresh Frequency" setting to "75 Hertz" (it's a pull down menu, I believe). click "ok" until you are out.

Let me know if this helps. If not... I can see if there's something else we can do for you. :) Good luck.

Sometimes those screen flickers are caused by dirty power. My monitor at work did that until the IT guy plugged it into a line conditioner (kinda like those surge-protector power strips). Now it's fine. You might try that if what Valkyrie suggested doesn't cure it.

Back