My name is GrandCaravanSE and i am another post-whore

GrandCaravanSE

sorry guys/gals but you have to be on more otherwise i am talking to my self. i am the only one on in the morning and in the early afternoon, all the posts say my name for last replyed.

pc_builder

I am on at least once a day every day. So that's good enough for me. Sometimes I log on in the morning to read any new posts, but I don't have time to write any before I have to shuffle off to work.
For the majority of the time, I'm on in the evening.

Log on here less, and other places more, and it won't seem like nothing happens here. :D Watch more youtube or newgrounds or play more mmorpg's.

Edit: Or go to atomfilms

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I have recently discovered the fun of itunes. I'm going to go broke buying songs. OK, not quite. I'd have to buy a lot of songs at 99cents each to burn through my disposable income.

majestyx

I'm more of a lurker than a poster. And, I work during the day and they don't pay me to post on a message board. I'm here in the evenings. :coffee:

H2O boy

i have been gone a few days. my brother in law was in a fairly serious accident and was in the hospital a couple of hours away. my wife was with him alot, so i took up the slack with the kids and went when i could to give her a break. he came home saturday morning and is on the mend but we had a lot of catching up around the house to do. doesnt look like i missed much though

MrBishop

Damn that must really suck!:crying7:
I'd hit a patch of black ice and was suddenly pulling a nice 180º across 2 lanes and into the side of a semi (near the gastank). I hit and bounced clear, but the driver and the truck that was drafting him kept going.

So.. sitting facing the wrong way, in the middle lane at 2am on a busy highway. It's between Xmas and NYears and my battery is cracked in two...no lights, no power, no way to start the car.

Oh yeah...it was a whole WHACK of fun!

GrandCaravanSE

I'd hit a patch of black ice and was suddenly pulling a nice 180º across 2 lanes and into the side of a semi (near the gastank). I hit and bounced clear, but the driver and the truck that was drafting him kept going.

So.. sitting facing the wrong way, in the middle lane at 2am on a busy highway. It's between Xmas and NYears and my battery is cracked in two...no lights, no power, no way to start the car.

Oh yeah...it was a whole WHACK of fun!

Damn did you shit you pants or what? i wonder if the trucker even noticed what happened.

MrBishop

Damn did you shit you pants or what? i wonder if the trucker even noticed what happened.
I figured not likely...he was probably going on caffeine as primary fuel. Perhaps he thought that he'd missed me entirely...the structural damage to my car was minimal, but the battery had been lovingly placed near the front o f the car by whoever designed the Sentra.

I didn't shit anything, but I did do something rather stupid in retrospect. I stood in front of my car holding a chem-light and waving frantically so I wouldn't be hit straight on. The girl in the car with me wasn't as composed.

By the time we'd gotten off the highway (some dude in a pickup truck with a strong chain pulled us off the hgwy and into a mall parking lot) she'd lost it entirely. I ended up calling her folx to pick her up and then taking a taxi to the closest RCMP station to report the hit n' run.

Professur

Y'see, that's the difference between Bish and me. I pulled almost the identical lane change, but I did it in a blizzard, full 360, touched nothing, pulled it out and kept on going.

What can I say ... Bish likes to meet new people.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
A hit and run implies he hit you...no? You hit him and he may or may not have even known that it happened. I don't think I'd qualify that as a hit and run.

Reading your initial post it really makes it sound like the trucker was in the wrong and then took off on you. I of course may be bias because I read that post after getting home from a day trip to Lake Louise for work and on the way there watching truck after truck zoom by me (going over 100 on a 90km/hr road) while many of their buddies were sitting in the ditch. One would think multiple transports in the ditch within a 30km stretch of highway would make the others slow down...apparently not.

MrBishop

Y'see, that's the difference between Bish and me. I pulled almost the identical lane change, but I did it in a blizzard, full 360, touched nothing, pulled it out and kept on going.

What can I say ... Bish likes to meet new people.
I blame the semi for being there at the same time as me...how dare he!! If those damn trucks hadn't been there to interfere with my mad driving skillz, I would've really impressed that girl in the car with me and gotten laid that night.

Me gotz mad drivin' skillz, yo!

What I did manage to do, in all seriousness, is to avoid being T'd by the truck. If I'd allowed the car I was in to keep spinning, I would've been in the fateful 3rd lane. :p
:glasses3: