My New Website - Please Check It Out™

Toolbox™

I just finished the beta test of my dream website and I would love to get all your comments and suggestions on it. There is now a vBulletin system so if any of you guys have anything interesting to post, please do so. I would like to populate the forums already and I'd appreciate it if you HWC guys posted first!

The URL is at www.mielinc.com/motorasia

Forums are at www.mcasiaforums.com

Please ignore the text and pictures that are in there. Most of it was just cut and pasted. If you read the articles in the front, they are all computer related. I just put them there to see how the site would look with content in it.

Some of the links don't work yet. I'd say the site is about 75% complete. Official launching will be on February 1 if I don't encounter delays.

Thanks so much guys... looking forward to seeing many of your names on my forums.

All the best,

Toolbox™

Toolbox, it looks sweet! Very nice.

If I could offer any advice at the moment I would say maybe the forum has a few too many categories.

I will certainly take a long look at it tomorrow.

Good work, I'll throw out the :headbang: for once.

Thanks for the continued support guys... please register and post on the forums. The site isn't live yet so you'll all be able to be beta testers. If there's a feature you see that isn't working, please let me know.

I'm expecting a lot of non-computer literate members to come in and join so you guys have to help sort out the bugs already.

Please, please, please post in the forums. :D Ask questions like what kind of bike should I get or what's the difference between a naked bike and a standard or something likie that. Even come into the Off Topic and post anything you like... pictures of your dog or something.

I need population!

Thanks as always friends! :)

ToolBox you did a great job :) though i dont ride i do like what i saw though motorcycle wise im more into harley i still thought it was kick ass :) when i do get a motorcycle liscence i hope i can get good info there on how to be a good rider and also how to care for my bike if i choose to get one. again great job!! rock on!

I'll give you the best advice you'll ever get right here. No matter what your license says you're qualified for, start with a bike under 700CC.

I've seen lots of people start off on a big bike and develop all kinds of bad habits to compensate for their lack of experience handling the big boys. They feel they have to buy the bike they'll have for a lifetime right up front. Starting small let's you learn to ride before you have to try and handle the mass of the big boys. And there's no such thing as a bike over 100CC that's not able to do 65mph.

Look at the motorcycles classifieds. Tons of one and two year old bikes with hardly any milage on them, because some tit tried to start off too big.

Professur said:
The activation e-mail to my yahoo account ddn't like. I had to cut and paste the addy to IE.

I dug around the control panel all day and I don't know how to fix this.

Are there any vBulletin experts out there that can help out? :)

freako104 said:
thanks for the advice prof :) ill remember to start small and work my way up. again thanks :)

And approach situations you're not sure cautiously, not like me who used to try to zoom through it and came a cropper when I first got on a bike ~ I forget how many times I fell off in the first year on ice, gravel, diesel, wet manhole covers......

Oh yeah... and my drive chain fell off going round a corner once.... well no-one told me I had to adjust it regularly! So regular maintenance is important. :eek:

I started on a Honda Chaley 70cc btw ~ it had crash bars and flexible legshields on it so it used to bounce off down the road when I fell off it. Nice robust little bike. Top speed was 50 mph, which was quite fast enough to begin with and it used to go about 120 miles on a half gallon tank ~ 50p in those days *sigh*. :D

Yahoo doesn't do HTML email, I don't think, and won't automatically convert URLs into clickable links. There's no known way to fix this, otherwise it would've been fixed by the vBulletin developers.

Okay... that thing is really beginning to irritate me. I have to find out what's going on.

Thanks for letting me know guys. :)

Back