my rollercoaster day

tonksy

what a damn day...first my alarm goes off too early and i pry myself out of bed. i have plans to make it a productive day. i make several phone calls: to schedule my preliminary appointment for lasik surgery, my initial appointment for the tubal, and a recheck on when my daughters next dental appointment is. i get on this emotional high because i feel like i'm getting the ball rolling in my life. i head over to the bank with my brand spanking new georgia ID card to open an account (finally) and you know what? all those bad checks that my ex wrote send up a red flag and since their system was halfway down they couldn't check to see that i paid them...so i didn't get my bank account.
so then i come home and call my ex and have him give me the number to the bank down there only to find out that their systems are down and they can't verify that the account is satisfied.
then i called DFAS to report that the strip on my food stamp card is dead and they tell me the only way to handle this is to cancel my card and send a new one which will take 4-5 business days...then i get a letter from DFAS about my food stamp renewal and the appointment is for a time i cannot keep and i spend a half an hour on the phone trying to reschedule only to have to leave a message on my caseworkers answering machine...but you know what else came in the mail? a check for child support and a nice letter, complete with pictures, from my oldest daughter in virginia which almost brought me to tears...
i can't decide if it was a good day or a bad...

I had a visit from a general contractor to point out the various weak spots on my house that will probably cost 10 grand to rectify. Now I have to hack up a dozen bushes and trees that are too close to my foundation. gah.

and i liked those bushes! he wants to hack back the most beautiful azalea that is by the driveway too! stoopid contractor and his stoopid dislike for foundation cracking roots!

The cracking is only out of the two tree creepers. The bushes are wicked shade and moisture captures that apparently make termites go into a rumba line with margaritas. Most of them were planted within a foot of the foundation even though the matue varaints are well known to make crowns well over three feet across. They were killing themselves to jockey for limited space and sun.

...it was time. *dofs a hat*

tonksy said:
i head over to the bank with my brand spanking new georgia ID card to open an account (finally) and you know what? all those bad checks that my ex wrote send up a red flag and since their system was halfway down they couldn't check to see that i paid them...so i didn't get my bank account.
I don't want to feel like a dream slayer, so I'm reluctant to say this. But your name will still show up on the ChexSystems database for seven years, and regardless of whether the checks were paid or not the simple fact that your anme shows up on the database will make some banks reject you. Some banks will consider other factors, or how long ago your account was closed, but I'm not sure which banks will and which won't.

tonksy said:
what a damn day...first my alarm goes off too early and i pry myself out of bed. i have plans to make it a productive day. i make several phone calls: to schedule my preliminary appointment for lasik surgery, my initial appointment for the tubal, and a recheck on when my daughters next dental appointment is. i get on this emotional high because i feel like i'm getting the ball rolling in my life. i head over to the bank with my brand spanking new georgia ID card to open an account (finally) and you know what? all those bad checks that my ex wrote send up a red flag and since their system was halfway down they couldn't check to see that i paid them...so i didn't get my bank account.
so then i come home and call my ex and have him give me the number to the bank down there only to find out that their systems are down and they can't verify that the account is satisfied.
then i called DFAS to report that the strip on my food stamp card is dead and they tell me the only way to handle this is to cancel my card and send a new one which will take 4-5 business days...then i get a letter from DFAS about my food stamp renewal and the appointment is for a time i cannot keep and i spend a half an hour on the phone trying to reschedule only to have to leave a message on my caseworkers answering machine...but you know what else came in the mail? a check for child support and a nice letter, complete with pictures, from my oldest daughter in virginia which almost brought me to tears...
i can't decide if it was a good day or a bad...

:sadhug:... :hug: ... :kiss:

Inkara1 said:
I don't want to feel like a dream slayer, so I'm reluctant to say this. But your name will still show up on the ChexSystems database for seven years, and regardless of whether the checks were paid or not the simple fact that your anme shows up on the database will make some banks reject you. Some banks will consider other factors, or how long ago your account was closed, but I'm not sure which banks will and which won't.
i know...but this bank said that if it was satisified it would be fine. i KNOW that the bill was paid...just a question of if they updated the system. i just can't wait for the day that all my ex's mistakes don't affect me anymore.

Back