my updated house plans

kuulani

hey, greenie, since you asked :D

here is the packaged home we chose.

We made a few modifications, the major ones including a covered lanai which wraps around a sunken living room :D

we're pretty excited, especially since we got preapproved for the loan. the bidding process & permitting is the next step (i guess) :lloyd:

That's awesome! Reminds me of the house I lived in in Florida. The open area for the living room/dining area/kitchen looks real nice, good for entertaining.

So I'm assuming a lanai is a porch? That's what it looks like from the picture. I am astounded at that price too, that is wild. You don't even want to know what a house like that would cost to build in my neck of the woods!

So the kids get their own rooms huh? Where are all the other bedrooms for the other five kids you're going to have?? ;)

A lot of places in California have a floorplan like that, although with a lot less porch space. A garage usually goes where the carport is, though, so the artist's rendering of the finished house looks a little weird to me because of that. Otherwise, it looks like quite a nice place.

It's really nice, Ku'u...but there's no room for the house boy. I just can't flop out on the Lanai, ya' know. What will the neighbor's think? :lloyd:

greenfreak said:
So I'm assuming a lanai is a porch? That's what it looks like from the picture. I am astounded at that price too, that is wild. You don't even want to know what a house like that would cost to build in my neck of the woods!

So the kids get their own rooms huh? Where are all the other bedrooms for the other five kids you're going to have?? ;)

yup, lanai = porch.
& the price they quoted is only for materials ... they estimated the materials + labor to be 3-4x that amount.

five kids?!?! eek!!

Gato_Solo said:
It's really nice, Ku'u...but there's no room for the house boy. I just can't flop out on the Lanai, ya' know. What will the neighbor's think? :lloyd:

it's post & pier ... the hubby & the kids can sleep under the house & then the house will be all to ourselves ;)

Back