Na & Ku'u

halamikage said:
Shoosh to you, Ku'u because I know what the next thing out of your mouth will be! :p

:rofl:
Right before I read this line I thought, "Shane Dorian ... :lol: better check if miki's hyperventilating!"
:rofl:

Thanks, greenie, for that link! At first I thought, "who's Laird Hamilton?", but then I remembered who he was :D

When I think of surfers, the first thing that pops in my mind is Duke . Even when he was an old man, he still was yummy :licklips:

02_duke34_d.jpg

I was just looking for a piccy of him ... I looooove Duke *swoon* .. he is truly the first cross-over figure - were it not for him, surfing would not be practiced 'round the world ...

Thanks for the video, greenie - that was great :)

*passes Miki a paper bag to breathe in* :D

Aside from Duke, one of my all-time favorites, especially for longboarding, is Eddie Aikau ... who else would rush 30+ waves on Big Wednesday on the North Shore? ... Eddie Would Go ... and he did

*moment of silence*

:headbang:

Attachment(s):

eddie.jpg, 29.77kb

54_1034188300.jpg

eddie01.jpg, 17.68kb

54_1034188323.jpg

that opening sequence looked like Jaws ... *would cry if my son ever said he wanted to surf Jaws* but did you see Titus? Brother still has it going on after all these years

Jaws is killer! *cries everytime Shane surfs there*

Titus *drool*

Duke *drool squared*

How 'bout Rusty or Brian? *drool cubed*

Attachment(s):

rusty, 20.96kb

220_1034192517

brian.jpg, 10.86kb

220_1034192542.jpg

Do all those guys live near you guys?

That Rusty guy is HOT!

*searches for cheap one-way flights to Hawaii*

The Keaulana's live on O'ahu. They practically came out of the womb surfing.

Rusty owns his own surf shop, Rus K. :D

and since we're talking about surfers, I have to give props to the one, the only Elijah Young ... his mom and I are good friends .. I was his sister's teacher .. he was one of the "gangy" that my brother used to hang with all through school ... and he's hella fine

Attachment(s):

elijah.jpg, 16.45kb

54_1034195470.jpg

and since we're talking about surfers, I have to give props to the one, the only Elijah Young ... his mom and I are good friends .. I was his sister's teacher .. he was one of the "gangy" that my brother used to hang with all through school ... and he's hella fine

Attachment(s):

elijah.jpg, 16.45kb

54_1034195476.jpg

First off, you're welcome... :D

I was awed by the size of the waves, do you really see waves that big? The ones here are puny compared to that.

You ever get bored and type in your name as a webpage and see what comes up? I was doing that one night and put in my boyfriend's name (Rusty) and got the surfing website. One of the women he works with bought him a shirt with a Rusty logo on the front as a joke too.

And you're right, that Rusty guy is hot! ;)

Rusty is a big surf name out here .. they have a line of girls and women's clothing called "Rusty Girl" and my daughter was asked to be photographed for their mag ... they wanted her to be a "Rusty Girl" ... I said no .... she's just too young ....

greenfreak said:
I was awed by the size of the waves, do you really see waves that big? The ones here are puny compared to that.

Go to the North Shore of Oahu in the winter, 30 ft waves are the norm :eek:

Greenie, do you have the Israel CD with the song "Men who ride Mountains"? That's what he's talking about!!

Back