tonksy

*paints a line

So happy to see you, send my bests to unc and the girls :D
(((Luis))) I will pass that along.
OMG TONKS :hug:
OMG Nixy!
Don't be a stranger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Am I a stranger? *pouty face*
:wave2:Hi Tonksy!!!! Thanks Sweeti! Good to see you. How's every little thing been? Justa Rockin along here. :wave:

Hey Mare! Things are fine. Busy, very busy. Summer will be a nice break around here.

I was looking for Prof...he AWOL? Chic?

Inkara1

I wouldn't say a stranger, so much... but it's been so long since we've heard from you /emo

How's the house renovation going? Haven't seen pics in a while... never did see the complete finished kitchen.

tonksy

I wouldn't say a stranger, so much... but it's been so long since we've heard from you /emo

How's the house renovation going? Haven't seen pics in a while... never did see the complete finished kitchen.

Egads, Rob spent all spring break ripping up carpet and removing ceiling tiles as well as all the trash that someone left in the basement. All the carpet is out except for the back 2 rooms. Kicked up quite a foul smell but it's airing out. We are taking that project very slowly as it is a very expensive endeavor and the market being what it is is not condusive to such things. Both the kitchenette and the bathroom need to be gutted and some of the walls need parts replaced to to water damage. An electrician will need to be called in as well.
May I recommend that you never let a friend live in your basement?

I honestly don't remember what we had done upstairs the last time I talked to you.

We have a dog now...ain't that something?

Inkara1

The dog is new... last I heard on the kitchen, I think the hardware had just gotten in and there was one last thing you were waiting for. I think.

I'll make sure I never let a friend live in the basement... thing is, the vast majority of California homes don't have basements. So I think I'm covered... my new apartment (back of a tri-plex) has a slab foundation.

tonksy

Hi Gonz! Missed you too :)

Hey SnP!!!!!!!

Inks - Did we have the backsplash yet? That was the first thing we picked but the last thing to arrive. The furniture is painted save for the chairs and benches but I am sure those will be done soon as the weather is nicer and we are fixing to be less busy with school etc. Rob did an awesome job on the buffet...did you ever see that?

tonksy

The backsplash was neutral tan tones with copper squares randomly about? The buffet was the same pale pale teal with a "shadowbox" effect in the wall teal on the shelves?

Tell me and I'll photo if necessary.

Inkara1

Definitely don't remember the4 backsplash... I remember some sort of hutch/desk type thing, but I don't remember a pale pale teal.

tonksy

Here is the backsplash:

backsplash.jpg

It's hard to show the copper reflecting light but you get the idea.

Here is the hutch:

hutch.jpg

The pale color is the same color as the cabinets so it ties in.