Nature abhors a vaccuum?

That just can't be. We humans are too smart to allow anything escape our cognition for this long. :rolleyes:

The WWF decided to make public the photos with the release of a book about Borneo, to be published on Tuesday.

hmm... Perhaps a mere marketing gimmick to peddle more publications?

what exactly is palm oil used for and do they really need a 1.8 million hectare plantation where a rainforest currently is?

possible first step to try and bring international pressure on Borneo to not tear down a rainforest perhaps?

unclehobart said:
The WWF decided to make public the photos with the release of a book about Borneo, to be published on Tuesday.

Or to sell pay-per view Wrestlemania events? :lloyd:

unclehobart said:

And lose their hard-earned credibility? :eek:

I just read that this thing... this thing that has no name and has never been seen before... is already being described as a species endangered by rainforest development. They're jumping the agenda gun a wee bit early, no?

unclehobart said:
I just read that this thing... this thing that has no name and has never been seen before... is already being described as a species endangered by rainforest development. They're jumping the agenda gun a wee bit early, no?

Naah. They have always protested clear-cutting of the rainforest habitats. I think everyone should. :shrug: If this animal has never been seen outside of the rainforest, then such developement would pose a danger.

I'd think if something's habitat *is* the rainforest, then yes, it's endangered by rainforest development. That'd include the natives.

The jungle has lots of interesting critters. Let's clear cut all of it & see.

Back