need a new motherboard ASAP!

Mirlyn

I ordered an upgrade to my current system, 512 PC2700 DDR, only to open the case and find my capacitors have leaked and are crusty. Upon rebooting the system, I found extreme instability. My o/c 900@1100 has finally caught up wtih me, it seems. Looks like an RMA is in my near future... :(

I use this computer 24/7 for work, school, and personal use. I need a replacement ASAP. Any good boards out that'll 1) give decent performance with my current setup and 2) provide the opportunity to upgrade to a faster processor?

Glad I got the 2700 memory, I was looking at the KT333 boards...

I want 3 banks of memory (looks like I'm limited to the VIA line). Other than that, I am interested in RAID for future drive additions (using it not as RAID, but as more controllers). No less than 5 PCI slots....I have four claimed right now, and would like to have extras (this board has 6). Onboard sound is not needed, I use digital out on my Turtle Beach. :wink2: I would like to stay with EPoX, as I've been extremely satisfied with them. Any and all recommendations are appreciated though! :)

Current setup:
(possibly dead) EPoX 8KHA+ (damn shame :()
AMD Thunderbird 900/100 CPU
256mb PC2100/512mb PC2700
Enermax 350w PSU
GF2 GTS (Asus v7700) AGP
two ATI 8meg Rage XL PCI cards
SMC 1211TX NIC
Santa Cruz Turtle Beach
Pioneer Slot 16x
HP 10x4x32 9300i burner
Maxtor 30gb ATA100
Zip250

The EP-8RDA+ is considered a very good nForce2 (good overclocking board too) and isn't too expensive for what you get. I would consider that board (6 PCI, 3 DIMM). Damn nice board but lacking in onboard raid. I believe you can get a FIC board which is basically identical but cheaper.

Also the SOYO KT400 Dragon Ultra with similar specs but the Via KT400 chipset, (5 PCI, 3 DIMM) and RAID.

Both should support upto the AMD XP Barton 3000+ ;)

Well, I bought the Asus A7N8X Deluxe. Just arrived today. I'm off to format and bask in the glory of a new board!

Catchyall on the flip side! :headbang:

Working excellent....watched XP install on it last night/this morning (~2am) while I was reading up for my midterms today. Wish I wasn't at work so I could play a game on it or DO something on it. :(

* Stares at clock in attempt to make time go vrrrroooooom-fast to 8:00 so he can go home

Back