ringneck.jpg

Indian Ringnecks Parakeets
bourkes.jpg

Bourkes Parakeets

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Re: Baby birds

the bottom right bird in the top pic looks like he's gonna be a real shit-disturber :D

there's already some thought process goin on in that brain :lol:

Oz

Re: Baby birds

A.B.Normal said:
Damn,wish I would thought of that title
crying4.gif

Feel free to use it dude! I'm sure one of the adminny types will change the title for ya :)

Sharky

:cool:

Fred the Parakeet Returns After 4 Years

Mon May 24, 8:44 PM ET

PARKERSBURG, W.Va. - Fred the parakeet has returned home four years after flying away. The bird with the chipped beak recently was reunited with its owner, 11-year-old Aaron Edwards of Parkersburg.

"Aaron prayed every weekend, and I finally said to him, 'He ain't coming home.' That was three weeks ago," said Aaron's father, Mike. "Man, did I ever eat my words."

Fred flew away when Edwards took him to his used car lot in Parkersburg.

Ever since, Edward, who also drives a tow truck, has asked customers from the area if they had seen a green bird.

Several of them spotted such a bird at their feeders and one was seen in a junkyard.

The family then set up cameras at feeders hoping to catch of glimpse of Fred. But hopes grew dim as the winters passed.

On Friday, Kenny Balderson, a friend of Edwards', saw Fred at his Pettyville home. He called the bird by name and it flew down to him.

"What, Fred," the bird told Balderson.

When Balderson telephoned that day with the news, Edwards thought it was a cruel joke.

"I didn't believe it until he showed up at the door," he said.

As Balderson entered the home with the bird, Edwards said, "Is that really Fred?" The bird then climbed up and snuggled to his chin.

The years have made Fred a kinder bird.

"He used to bite everybody he didn't like," Aaron Edwards said. "He's really mellowed down now."

And after four years of eating from bird feeders, Fred has lost his craving for french fries and candy.

"(It) used to be he would tear it up, but now all he wants to eat is bird food," Mike Edwards said.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
soooo how they doin'?

*waiting for the series of pics as befits a proud poppa*

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
the dog1 is crackin me up :D 3, 2, 1...take off!!! :laugh:

the birds are great...I love the personality in their eyes, just awesome.