New Form of Matter Created in Lab

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Scientists have created a new form of matter saying it could provide a new way to generate electricity. The fermionic condensate is a cloud of cold potassium atoms forced into a state where they behave strangely. The new matter is the sixth known form of matter after solids, liquids, gasses, plasma and a Bose-Einstein condensate, created only in 1995. "What we've done is create this new exotic form of matter," says Deborah Jin of the University of Colorado.
interestin'

source

Professur said:
But can it sing?
I was thinking "juggle."

Note that the two "kisses of death" in modern science are cold fusion and room temperature superconductor.

So if the experiment had gone poof and the scientists were crying about it, and I asked one, "what's the matter?," should I expect a biggie-sized beat-down?

:D

So they spent millions of dollars creating it. Now what the hell you gonna do with something that's been cooled to a billionth of a degree of absolute zero??

I love educational institutions....they are just so damn creative. :rolleyes:

PostCode said:
So they spent millions of dollars creating it. Now what the hell you gonna do with something that's been cooled to a billionth of a degree of absolute zero??

Duh, keep the beer cold. :D

PostCode said:

I love educational institutions....they are just so damn creative. :rolleyes:

In the 1800's they basically said the same thing about electricity...

"cool...now what wdo we do with it?"

Gonz said:
In the 1800's they basically said the same thing about electricity...

"cool...now what wdo we do with it?"

That's the problem with esoteric scientific research. You never know when one that makes you scratch your head and say, "what were they thinking" will turn out to be the next thing to completely change the world.

Back