New shoes

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Today I bought probably the ugliest pair of shoes I've ever owned (and I was a kid in the 80s!) but they're also by far the most comfy shoes I have ever had on my feet! I always made fun of people who I saw wearing them but my brother recently bought a pair and even though his are WAY too big for me when I tried them on a couple days ago I knew I needed a pair. I wore them all day, OMG most comfy shoes EVER!

CROCS!

crocs_cayman_CHOC.jpg

I've seen people wearing them. They look comfy, but gay, and certainly not something you can wear to work.

i've seen a couple of people were those at work. i was wondering if they were comfy. might go pick up a pair.

Yeah, I think I'll pass. Comfy or not, I'd rather not be wearing something that looked like it came out of Bob the Builder. :blank:

Dave said:
i've seen a couple of people were those at work. i was wondering if they were comfy. might go pick up a pair.

UBER comfy. I bet your feet would love you if you wore them to work.

Altron said:
I've seen people wearing them. They look comfy, but gay, and certainly not something you can wear to work.

Not everything has to be practicial...it's OK to own some things that are not usable for work.

They look like they were made strictly for the beach and poolside (aka weatherproof) to me. Any other application is pushing the bounds of good taste... and thats coming from me.

I think the cooks wear them because kitchen floors get wet and the crocs are impervious to water and perhaps even because they would not conduct electricity in a kitchen accident.
Mario Batali wears them...but I forgive him :love3:

Lotsa people wear them. When I bought them I flat out told the saleslady they're the ugliest shoes I've ever seen but the comfiness makes it ok.

I wouldn't wear them to work and I wouldn't wear them if I was dressing up even a wee little bit but for going to the store and just being out and about in the summertime I think they're gonna be a godsend for my feet.

Nixy said:
UBER comfy. I bet your feet would love you if you wore them to work.

i doubt i'd wear them to work. i've tried many other types of shoes for work. the only thing that keeps my feet and back from hurting are the New Balance cross trainers. the ones with the leather uppers.
if i got a pair, it would be for around the house/yard. easier to get them on/off than sneakers. not to mention easier to clean, as the dog likes to hide his landmines all over the place.

SouthernN'Proud said:
My wife swears by them.

I have yet to see a male wearing them who didn't look flaming queer.

last place i saw 'em they didn't even have mens' sizes. good thing... otherwise i mighta bought some and ended up a sissy...

2minkey said:
last place i saw 'em they didn't even have mens' sizes. good thing... otherwise i mighta bought some and ended up a sissy...

My brother wears them...but maybe being 6'3" with size 14 feet and the ability to throw most people across the room negates from the sissy effect cause he definately doesn't look like a sissy in them :shrug:

They are huge with kids here...but only the real ones :rolleyes:
But you know what? If I am going to spend that kind of money on children's shoes they are going to be boots or something.

Back