New Toys

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
First, I got an optical mouse, it's an IBM Optical Navigator, really like it so far, and the wheel even glows blue. Pretty fucking cool.

Second, the deal of the week. Looking around at Best Buy, found an open box sale on a Franklin eBookman. Only 19.99 said it was missing the cradle, so I opened up the box to look it over and see that the connection is just a standard USB port, so I figure, what the hell, I'll give it a try, it's only 20 bucks and my wife has been wanting one of these for a long time. I get it home, plug it into a USB cable I have here and it works perfectly, sychronizes with Outlook, works great. Then I see that it has a web address to look for accessories, I found it at http://www.franklin.com/estore/details.asp?ID=EBM-901 The thing is worth 149.99. It's only got 8mb Memory right now, but I can put another 64 in it with a Multimedia card. I think I done good, and the wife thinks so too. Might just be March 20th all over again tonight.:D

Q said:
:headbang: Cool. A blue optical mouse would rule....mine's red. :(

Get the cheapie logitec and change it to blue :headbang:
MVC-001F.jpg

BTW, buying a new digital camera tomorrow :headbang:

Mirlyn said:
Get the cheapie logitec and change it to blue
His glows blue.
I got the Logitech that comes with the snappy little outfits for my mom a couple years ago.

Q said:
Mirlyn said:
Get the cheapie logitec and change it to blue
His glows blue.

Yeeeaaaah? ;) So does this one. Although his comes blue, less work anyway. This one came entirely blue with a red LED. Switched the LED to blue and now its entirely blue. :)

MVC-002F.jpg

I don't think my scroll wheel glows at all...

It is clear though. I have the Microsoft Blue Wireless Optical.

I want a wireless kb/mouse setup. :mope:

But the MS Natural Pro doesn't come in a wireless form. I refuse to use any other keyboard for my main keyboarding stuff. I will buy Natural Pro's until the day I die, or until they come out with a wireless natural keyboard with no F-Lock and the correct formation of the arrow keys and insert/delete/home/end/page up/down keys.

Nixy said:
I don't think my scroll wheel glows at all...

You'd know if it did, it's pretty bright even in daylight.

fury said:
I want a wireless kb/mouse setup

My wife uses a logitech wireless keyboard, it's pretty cool, I can walk halfway through the house with it and keep on typing. I haven't tried a wireless mouse though, might be cool.

I would've gotten a wireless desktop or something like that as my last kb/mouse replacement until I discovered the joy that is the MS Natural Pro (Dell branded) which I happened to find in stock at AxionTech (one of my favorite stores)

I wonder if it's possible to make my own wireless transmitter and receiver... or to splice this one from one of the new wireless MS kb's...

Although I have to admit, those new ones with the bluetooth stuff and the keyboard scrollwheel do look tempting... I just wish they wouldn't screw up the key formation and functions like that. :/ If they're gonna go switching around the commands that each key does, they should at least make it a Dvorak layout so I can relearn everything at once.

fury said:
I want a wireless kb/mouse setup. :mope:

But the MS Natural Pro doesn't come in a wireless form. I refuse to use any other keyboard for my main keyboarding stuff. I will buy Natural Pro's until the day I die, or until they come out with a wireless natural keyboard with no F-Lock and the correct formation of the arrow keys and insert/delete/home/end/page up/down keys.

I saw a wireless natural keyboard somewhere!! Can't remember where now...but it was a cheap POS thing that looked like crap and the F-keys required a function key to be pressed to use them (like the Sonys and some of the MS USB keyboards.....they are a BITCH to use to get into BIOS'es)

Back