New U.S. nickel

Sharky

Got one of the new nickels in change today. My question is, what the heck is that on the back, crossed with the axe?

We took a consensus at the office, and I think it's a shillelagh (an Irish fighting stick/walking cane), one person thinks it's a peace pipe, and one wiseass said it's a golf club. :rolleyes:

Squiggy said:
Guess I'd have been a wiseass too...:retard: Definately looks like a 1 iron.

Ya . . . or a pitching wedge . . . :lloyd:

Somebody else just said it's a backscratcher . . . :shrug:

It's the reverse side of the Jefferson Peace Medal.

lcp0037p2s.jpg

Aha! Thanks, Gonz . . . :cool:

Ash, I think you are right. It makes sense - bury the hatchet and smoke a peace pipe - bada bing! :cool:

I find it had to believe that no one's up in arms about a nickel that would promote smoking. I thought smoking was supposed to be the next thing to be banned.

i guess it has to do with what would be smoked in a peace pipe and whatnot. plus it has friendship and peace on the back of it. there is no reason that they should protest it at all. unless they want to bitch about people smoking again

Inkara1 said:
I find it had to believe that no one's up in arms about a nickel that would promote smoking. I thought smoking was supposed to be the next thing to be banned.

I wish someone would protest it and force the mint to stop making them. That would make the mintage numbers drop and they would be very collectible.....I have six rolls straight from the mint. They are only gonna make this model until fall or so. Then they will change the back of the coin and that will be our new nickel. Might want to hang on to some of these folks.

Squiggy said:
Guess I'd have been a wiseass too...:retard: Definately looks like a 1 iron.

Are you sure? It looks a little short, when compared to the axe. I'm thinking sand wedge. :lol2:

Back