New Virus?

Squiggy

ThunderDick
I've just recieved this forward from someone and thought I'd pass it on. I posted it in the LL for exposure but feel free to move it if you wish....Anyone else have more info on it?

Subject: DANGEROUS VIRUS

If you receive an email titled: "It Takes Guts to Say
Jesus"

DO NOT OPEN IT. It will erase everything on your hard
drive.
This information was announced yesterday morning from
IBM; AOL states that this is a very dangerous virus,
much worse than
"Melissa," and that there is NO Remedy for it at this
time. Some very sick
individual has succeeded in using the reformat
function from Norton
Utilities
causing it to completely erase all documents on the
hard drive. It has been
designed to work with Netscape Navigator and Microsoft
Internet Explorer. It
destroys Macintosh and IBM compatible computers.

This is a new, very malicious virus and not many
people know about it. Pass
this warning along to EVERYONE in your address book
! and please share it with
all your online friends ASAP so that this threat maybe
stopped. Please
practice cautionary measures and tell anyone that may
have access to your
computer. Forward this warning to everyone that you
know that might access
the Internet.

Joyce L. Bober
IBM Information Systems
PittsburghMailing

Want to avoid viruses...don't open any mail if you don't specifically recognize the sender & DO NOT EXE. ANYTHING. ;)

Luis...I'm on an old Mac. I never pay attention to virus cries because they aren't gonna bother making them for an obsolete os....:D I just passed it along for everyone else.

Squiggy said:
Luis...I'm on an old Mac. I never pay attention to virus cries because they aren't gonna bother making them for an obsolete os....:D I just passed it along for everyone else.

When i said "you fell for that" i was talking about how the email itself screams "I'M A HOAX" ;) :D

Wouldn't taking advantage of Norton Utilities' delete function require me to have Norton Utilities?

There is an extremely destructive new virus: code name is "work" doing the rounds. If you receive "work", from your colleagues, your boss, via e-mail or any where else, do not touch it under any circumstances !!

This virus wipes out your private life completely.

If you should come into contact with this virus, put on your jacket and take two good friends and go straight to the nearest pub. Order three
beers and after repeating 14 times, you will find that "work " has been completely deleted from your brain.

Forward this warning immediately to friends.

Should you realise that you do not have friends, this means that you are already infected by this virus and "work" already controls your whole
life.

This virus is deadly. Please pay close attention to it and take heed

Back