New Wave Called China™

if you can think of more words, etc. i can find out. hell, do a google search...type in a line from the song, pop the word lyrics on the end and bob's your uncle, you've found it.

Re: New Wave Called China™

Toolbox™ said:
Does anyone know who sang the song CHINA? It's driving me nuts!

Was it Lotus Eaters?

Tori Amos sang a song named China (on the Little Earthquakes cd) - it's one of my favourites.

Doobie Bros did a China Girl, but that's the only china song I know of...

PuterTutor said:
Doobie Bros did a China Girl, but that's the only china song I know of...

Umm..

The Doobie Brothers was "Talking bout the town of china Grove....wo oo ooo....oooh ohhh"

"Well the people are the xxxx they are the talk of the town....."

Hmmm, maybe you're right, I'll have to dig through the old tapes tonight. Don't remember Bowie's China Girl though either...

PuterTutor said:
Hmmm, maybe you're right, I'll have to dig through the old tapes tonight. Don't remember Bowie's China Girl though either...

The other version was.

"And she says.......ahhhhhhhhhhh"

blah blah blah cant understand a dammed thing Im singing...my china girl...

And when she..blah blah blah cant understand me...my china girl...

And she say....ahhhhhhhhhhhh"

It was a weird semi-punk alternative early 80s "cult hit".

PS, I lived in Kannapolis/concord but most of the people I went to school with actually lived in "china grove". As it would happen...a DIFFERENT town called china grove than the one in the song.

That's the one! Red Rockers! Thank you so so so so much! That has been bugging me for days now! I can't thank you enough! :)

Thank you! :D

Toolbox™ said:
That's the one! Red Rockers! Thank you so so so so much! That has been bugging me for days now! I can't thank you enough! :)

Thank you! :D
No prob! :)

Back