New York

Jeslek

Banned
If you want to drive from Buffalo to New York City, what is the best way to go about that? The obvious route in green is toll. Does anyone know how much? And I'd prefer a scenic route to a speedy one. :) Are you kinda restricted to the smaller roads? Ie the 104 to Rochester, then take Interstate 390 south, and then east?

usany1.gif

Used to be $4.10 from Buffalo to Schenectady, but this was 20 years ago. I don't remember the southward leg, but it wasn't as much. It is absolutely the best way to get there though. Hope this helps.

Pay the toll. The road is ten times better. And has a higher speed limit (70 if I recall) and the exits are way far apart.

But don't get caught speeding. Gonz got caught coz the time between his entrance and exit wasn't enough to allow him to have travelled the distance. Nasty ticket as I recall.

Professur said:
And has a higher speed limit (70 if I recall) and the exits are way far apart.
They finally upped the speed limit?!? Last time I was back was '94 (sorry Jeslek, didn't pay attention to the toll at that time) and it was still 55. I figured they'd never change it.

Professur said:
Gonz got caught coz the time between his entrance and exit wasn't enough to allow him to have travelled the distance. Nasty ticket as I recall.

nah, that wasn't me. 3 tickets (moving violations) in the last 16 years & all 3 were in FUCKING OHIO!

NY Thruway speed limit is 65. We all do 70 or more but it's 65. I'll be there this week & check.

Gonz said:
Professur said:
Gonz got caught coz the time between his entrance and exit wasn't enough to allow him to have travelled the distance. Nasty ticket as I recall.

nah, that wasn't me. 3 tickets (moving violations) in the last 16 years & all 3 were in FUCKING OHIO!

How did you get to do that on our roads???

Back