NFL week 4

Inkara1

Boy, the Chargers sure do look like crap right now, don't they? At least the Raiders are tied for first in the division. :D

Cowboys had no real trouble with the Rams... so with Dallas and Oakland winning, it makes for a good football week for my family.

Favre's got the touchdown record now and it's looking like Dallas and Green Bay are 1-2 in the NFC. Seattle's looking good this week too.

I see the Falcons finally got a win.

How 'bout them Lions, huh? Duh Bears put in Griese and he threw three picks and the Lions set a record for most fourth-quarter points with 34. Remember when the pride of Chicago was the defense?

Yeah well I think the Seahawks answered the question about who rules the west! I personally was sick to death of whiner fans talking about how they have the "superior" team. I think this ought to give them:

:stfu:

I also don't mind seeing Raven fans knocked down a peg, and i LOVE seeing the Bears at the bottom of their division.

Injuries are killing us. Roy Williams vs. Ricky Manning Jr isn't fair, let alone the other matchup (I don't even know who our other starting DB was, I played SCAPBAL during the game). Even though Grossman hasn't been even halfway decent, the only loss I could say was mostly his fault was in SD (imagine if we hadn't given it away, the Chargers could be 0-4 :eek: WTF is wrong there?). The D has played like total crap and isn't showing the depth they thought they had, Grossman's Bear career is finished (and if we're in the tank and Griese's doing nothing, prepare for the Kyle Orton Experience part II), the offensive line is showing its old age and Benson is closer to a bust than a stud. Our single best scoring threat by far is Hester.

Seahawks did look good today, but I don't see them being a serious threat down the road, their window of opportunity is closing, and is kinda only open because the 49ers aren't ready to take the next step yet (but beware Arizona). The Cowboys are easily the team to beat in the NFC right now. The Packers are definitely a surprise, but I think their inexperience and lack of running game will come back to haunt them at some point. It's still extremely lopsided to the AFC though, Pats and Colts look nearly invincible so far (though the Pats play tomorrow).

Oh, and here's a sign of how hard it is to even pick straight up games: the confidence pool I'm in today went a combined 130-208. :eek:

I keep wondering if the packers really are as good as 4-0 or if its just an emotional high... but then again, taking the tail end of last season into account, they are like on an 8-0 tear. (I think its 8-0... no real time to research it right)

Injuries are killing us. Roy Williams vs. Ricky Manning Jr isn't fair, let alone the other matchup (I don't even know who our other starting DB was, I played SCAPBAL during the game). Even though Grossman hasn't been even halfway decent, the only loss I could say was mostly his fault was in SD (imagine if we hadn't given it away, the Chargers could be 0-4 :eek: WTF is wrong there?). The D has played like total crap and isn't showing the depth they thought they had, Grossman's Bear career is finished (and if we're in the tank and Griese's doing nothing, prepare for the Kyle Orton Experience part II), the offensive line is showing its old age and Benson is closer to a bust than a stud. Our single best scoring threat by far is Hester.

Seahawks did look good today, but I don't see them being a serious threat down the road, their window of opportunity is closing, and is kinda only open because the 49ers aren't ready to take the next step yet (but beware Arizona). The Cowboys are easily the team to beat in the NFC right now. The Packers are definitely a surprise, but I think their inexperience and lack of running game will come back to haunt them at some point. It's still extremely lopsided to the AFC though, Pats and Colts look nearly invincible so far (though the Pats play tomorrow).

Oh, and here's a sign of how hard it is to even pick straight up games: the confidence pool I'm in today went a combined 130-208. :eek:

Have fun watching the Seahawks in the playoffs while da Bears sit home....

The Bears window has SLAMMED SHUT!

:rofl4:

I can't believe we lost 16-3 to the fucking Giants...

I was at the game last night... McNabb looked to be about as mobile as Bledsoe was... Is Andy Reid that bad of a coach that he can't figure out that there needs to at least be a TE to help Justice out with Osi???? Jesus christ, even a chip block could have helped! Throw the FB over there or something! One of my co-workers I think put it best: Reid either picks an excellent game plan, or an absolutely horiffic one, but does not have the smarts to make in game adjustments...

Just terrible... especially with the G men offense looking as anemic as it did...

It's all because I picked up McNabb in my espn league after his monster game but before this one. I'm the kiss of death I tell ya. Cadillac's knee landed in my yard, Rudi Johnson's hammy is wrapped around my truck radio antenna. I'm waiting for Tom Brady's right arm to fly through the bathroom window any day now.

How do you think I feel? My best fantasy player in the OTC league is Brian Westbrook and I had him starting this week and didn't find out he'd be out until it was too late to make roster changes.

Back