Nielson TV Ratings

kuulani

We got $30 cash in the mail for filling out the Nielsen TV Ratings diary for a week. It came in the same time the blank diary came in. Those Nielson guys are very trusting that I'll fill in this diary and send it back to them :D

It's a little incentive... I got $20 (I had two TVs at the time) a couple years ago for the same thing.

Someone called your house ahead of time and whoever talked to them on the phone said they'd do it. If you'd said no on the phone, they wouldn't have sent you the diaries.

No, what she's saying is that they're pretty trusting because they sent the money ahead of time instead of after she returned the diary...atleast that's what I think she's saying.

Someone from Nielsen called my house and asked if I'd do the ratings survey, I said "OK" and they sent me the diaries with a $10 bill in each one.

Someone from Nielsen called my house and asked if I'd do the ratings survey, I said "OK" and they sent me the diaries with a $10 bill in each one.

Yes...but do you not think they'd get more diaries back if they sent the money AFTER? That is her point :p

I'm sure they researched that and found it wouldn't make much of a difference... plus, this way, they have the "we trust you" emotional appeal.

Back