Nightmare's/Dreams

Mare

O...K.....so i was having this horrible nightmare last night/this morning....woke up with it...Was a funeral of a little boy. I was in this small bedroom and had to fit all these people in there for the viewing. Couldn't see the face of the little boy...All I knew is there was a coat and a bookbag that all wanted to see. I was the only one holding myself together and everyone else was crying and such. My mom was hysterical!!!!! (which i havent seen in over a year!)
Here right before the alarms goes off this morning, they are taking this casket out of the room and I see the face....It Is My Oldest SON!!!!!!! :crying4: :crying4: :crying4: I sit right up, with my heart racing and run into his room to make sure he was there and all was ok...sometimes dreams are so real, its like you can smell things in them or feel things?

What are the purpose of these nightmare's? Why does our minds do this? Stress, diet, no enough sleep??????? :confused:

I think we have most nightmares because of fear. Consciounsly or unconsciously you are afraid of him dying, you just happened to have that fear more present today.

From what I've heard, the circumstances of a dream don't necessarily reflect the reality of your fears. For instance, the little boy in the coffin could represent your fear of something entirely different, like concern about your job or finances, etc. Dream images are more metaphorical than anything else.

I've had a ton of memorable dreams lately, including several nightmares, after years of not having had any that I could recall. This is because I started taking 5-HTP supplements at bedtime, which are known to increase REM sleep, during which most dreams take place. Several of these nightmares involved former colleagues and friends attempting to murder me or members of my family. I woke up in such a panic after one nightmare, in particular, that I thought I was having a heart attack and had to pace my apartment for an hour or so before I could go back to sleep. Scary stuff. I don't really get them anymore, but I do still have vaguely memorable dreams.

Back