Nixy's MIA!!!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Well all, tomorrow I move into my new place (moved most of my stuff in today, but no bed and no couch til tomorrow) and seeing as Bell hadn't even managed to turn on my PHONE when I left at 6:30pm today I'm not holding my breath about getting net anytime before next Friday...I'll be here in Brampton on Wednesday and will likely be online and Sunday morning I'm thinking of starting my first full day as a Torontonian by taking a trip to a cafe for breakfast and having a coffee and a bagel...(the cafe has wireless internet) and said cafe isn't far from my work so maybe at some point during the week I'll do a post work cafe visit too (I have a feeling I'm gonna be BORED since I won't really know anyone in the neighbourhood at first). So, I may be around every so often but incase I'm not I don't want you guys to worry.

I think I'm so broken up over this lack of net thing is because I'm a little bit freaked about officially moving away from home (like the concept of moving without a "I'll be back in x months" clause) and I really wish I'd beable to talk to you guys if I got stressed...but I guess I'll be OK, I'll just work a lot and watch a lot of TV to keep my mind occupied.

Anyway, Nixy out...hopefully see ya'll on Sunday morning.

BB

good luck with the move and all ...

*pats Prof on the back ....

thay all have to leave the nest sometime Ma ... ;) *

*sniffles ...yours Aunty BB* :bgpimp:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I'm SO stressed to the max. I'm at a party at my friends house right now and honestly it took EVERYTHING I had in me to get myself to leave the house and come here...moving stresses me SO MUCH (like, even when I was younger and moved with my family it stressed me out) and now I'm moving on my own and am without my biggest support group (you guys) for like a week...but, I'm here, I'm drunk and I'm having a great time. She also lives in Toronto so I took the subway and am staying the night...and she says she gets lonely too ( we recently got back in touch after 2 years) so hopefully we'll now beable to keep each otyher company and the transition will be fairly smooth for me...snyway, I'm drunk and wearing out her back space trying to correct all my typos...mayube i'll see you guys tomorrow from the internert cafe...maybe not...if i get into the groove of unpacking i won't break it cause i REALLY jhave a lot to unpack, but if i'm in a rut i'll defiantely be going to the cafe with the wreless net (so i guess not an internet cafe since they serve coffee and one uses their own laptop)

I love you guys!!

~Nixy

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
sniff sniff But...but...Nixy...I just came back!

Good luck hon!

It's only temporary (my lack of net)...or atleast it better be unless everyone I've dealt with from Bell wants my boot in their collective asses!!

I'm just getting ready to head back to my place but figured I'd check in again...it's weird...it's not like I even spend oodles of time online anymore but knowing that I CAN'T send a quick message or look something up if I so desire just makes me feel all weird and disconnected.

A.B.Normal

Well if you hadn't of let us know of your lack of net connection we would have sent out a search party,but since we knew you were coming back ,we simply waited. :sadhug:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Well if you hadn't of let us know of your lack of net connection we would have sent out a search party,but since we knew you were coming back ,we simply waited. :Hug:

Yeah, yeah, yeah :p

I'm in Brampton tonight so I have highspeed, I've also now got dial up through bell til my DSL is connected (next week likely).

I just need to find some drivers for my modem...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Forget about drivers, hook it via the lan interface :D

I dunno what that means but I got the modem drivers all installed now so I THINK I'm ready to go for Toronto. We'll see tomorrow night!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I'm off now. For the sake of my sanity I hope I get the dial-up working tomorrow night...for the sake of my unpacking efforts I kinda hope I don't...nah, I'll just limit how much time I spend online (it's $1.50/hr so I'm thinking maybe 2 hrs/day MAXIMUM)...Anyway, hope to see you guys tomorrow.