No Cable....

Mare

Where I am in FL, they havent yet gotten around to putting cable TV in still new part guess, all there is ,is satellite tv. How I miss stations I used to watch in Jersey (especially channel 10 news).. :crying4:

(Don't know what I will do if I cannot get to watch the mummers on tv this year-can't get to South Philly this year to see them-It WILL definetely be a depressing day for me......)

Having cable wouldn't bring back your old Channel 10, though... I'm not sure why you're lamenting only having satellite. It, combined with an antenna for local channels (the law requires cable to carry them but forbids satellite providers to except under special circumstances) would have any channels you're looking for.

We have cable and satelite available in my area. TBH I have satelite as the cable is unreliable and very pants. In fact I used to work for our local cable company and the number of complaints was phenominal every day something was going wrong. Mind you we can't even get digital cable on my street so for digital TV we have to have either terrestrial or satelite. so it's not all bad.

Mare, you guys don't have cable that close to Sarasota? Goodness gracious, we have digital cable with Dolby 5.1 surround, even this far out in the boonies. And it's the most reliable cable network I've ever been on. I don't like satellite, but I'm not sure why. We had satellite TV on the crewboats, and it worked just fine (as long as the boat was tied to the dock).

Sharky said:
Mare, you guys don't have cable that close to Sarasota? Goodness gracious, we have digital cable with Dolby 5.1 surround, even this far out in the boonies. And it's the most reliable cable network I've ever been on. I don't like satellite, but I'm not sure why. We had satellite TV on the crewboats, and it worked just fine (as long as the boat was tied to the dock).

NO :crying4: we don't , we are so far back on the road my sis lives on, it hasnt reached this far yet, they are still building the area up. Funny how you buy land and build on it and no time it gets built up.

I missed the mummers this year :crying4: ......Oh well, there are years to come.
So, when I get REALLY homesick and need cable , I'll come visit you Sharky OK..... :D ....

(misses the summers on Dads boat in Margate, spending time outside at night , peace and quiet, listening to the water and watching the moon rays on it.....)

Sarasota, Rotunda, Englewood...all have cable...when we moved in here I asked for cable....It only goes back so far on this road....so satelite it is....we get msn, and other news stations...local chanels only 3 by antena....When I want home news I go to the newspapers on here....get Buena, Vineland, Milleville and Williamstown...I will give you the sites Mare....Yup!!! missed the mummers but I had it taped and is being sent here.

chatty kathy said:
Sarasota, Rotunda, Englewood...all have cable...when we moved in here I asked for cable....It only goes back so far on this road....so satelite it is....we get msn, and other news stations...local chanels only 3 by antena....When I want home news I go to the newspapers on here....get Buena, Vineland, Milleville and Williamstown...I will give you the sites Mare....Yup!!! missed the mummers but I had it taped and is being sent here.
YEAHHH another late Christmas Present-The Mummers on Tape- Kat I LOVE THE AV........The Wheels on the bus go ROUND and ROUND , ROUND and ROUND, all threw the town.....(that's another children's song-unfortunitly chatty kathy probs heres it with her elementary kids, I'd go batty :lol2: )

Mare said:
YEAHHH another late Christmas Present-The Mummers on Tape- Kat I LOVE THE AV........The Wheels on the bus go ROUND and ROUND , ROUND and ROUND, all threw the town.....(that's another children's song-unfortunitly chatty kathy probs heres it with her elementary kids, I'd go batty :lol2: )
LOL....You know the deal....just give me 15 mins. to unwind and empty my brain from the lil ones on the bus at the end of the day! :eyepop:

chatty kathy said:
LOL....You know the deal....just give me 15 mins. to unwind and empty my brain from the lil ones on the bus at the end of the day! :eyepop:

O M G - 1st day back for Kat- Happy New Year & GOODLUCK!!!!!!!
Let us know how it was????? :winkkiss:

Back