no more missing conditioner, that's for sure

nalani

for Christmas, my cousin gave the families on the compound a basket of earth-friendly products: biodegradable dish soap, biodegradable clothes soap, recycled aluminum, bees wax candles, toilet paper and paper towels made from recycled paper, rosemary organic shampoo and conditioner among other things. Tonight, my usual 'shampoo snob' brand (Paul Mitchell) was low so I opted to try the organic stuff. Ummm... I feel the need to put on something made of gauze and put Birckenstocks on my feet.

My hair smells like a cross between the incense and vitamin sections of the natural food store and feels like cardboard. Even the Paul Mitchell serum I put in my hair afterward isn't helping.

Ok, so I'm all for helping the environment .. but not at the expense of my hair LOL ...

Tofu, Na? :lol:

I like the Burt's Bees line of products. They work well and are still nature friendly. I don't think they make shampoo though, if they do it's probably available online.
Burt's Bees

I like the lipsticks, they feel all pepperminty.

I'm all for the natural stuff too, but when it comes to hair, you need to use what works for you. You don't want to be walking around with shitty looking hair after all.

Come now...hairy armpits & greasy hair is the in sign for all good enviro-whackos.

tonksy said:
Tofu, Na? :lol:

I like the Burt's Bees line of products. They work well and are still nature friendly. I don't think they make shampoo though, if they do it's probably available online.
Burt's Bees

I like the lipsticks, they feel all pepperminty.

Oh thier lip balm was terrible the "honey" which ended up being like a tube of fire burnt my lips!! I was trying to wipe it off while throwing it out the window of my moving car at the same time. It smelt nothing like honey and in fact had the distinct odor of cinnamon oil.

I use Burts Bees lipcare as well .. like it a lot ... just the right tint of color .. but my boyfriend would agree with restam ... it burns his lips too LOL

OK so short hair and braided arm pit hair is coming back...

Only kidding. My last move the water is so hard that I had to wash my hair everyday so I cut my hair short....

I never unserstood the association with envirofreaks and hairiness...are razors bad for the environment?

kuulani said:
hey!! there's nothing wrong with tofu! i love it (must be the japanese in me)!
Oh I like it too! Especially the hard dark kind...or deep fried tofu! I know it defeats the purpose of being healthy but it's damn delicious! Or in a spicy sauce! OOH OOH! Hot and sour soup :licklips:
Yeah, I like tofu.

Back