North Korea...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
has collapsed!!! What will they do if this is true?

North Korea's Kim 'has collapsed'

The North Korean leader, Kim Jong-il, "almost certainly" has health problems, a South Korean government official has told the country's Yonhap news agency.

The official said Mr Kim had collapsed, but did not say when or how serious his condition was. He said he had not died.

But a North Korea official denied the reports, calling them "worthless".

The reclusive leader failed to appear at a triumphant military parade on Tuesday in the capital, Pyongyang, to celebrate his state's 60th anniversary.

Earlier, Western intelligence officials said Kim Jong-il might have suffered a stroke.

Ah, the ever present difficulty of dealing with despots. The one in power might be moderately insane, but you don't want to lose him, for fear that one of his much more capable aides will fill his shoes much more ably.

Ah, the ever present difficulty of dealing with despots. The one in power might be moderately insane, but you don't want to lose him, for fear that one of his much more capable aides will fill his shoes much more ably.

AKA better the devil you know.

yeah kim jong il probably has some understanding, somewhere, that the n korean propaganda machine is, well, exactly that. maybe their next ruler will be someone who grew up under the propaganda and actually believes it. that would be super.

scary, scary shit. millions of folks under mass delusion of persecution. in north korea, too.

Far worse than that, minkey. Il has been relatively happy to remain within his borders, being king and enjoying himself. His successor might decide that the cease fire with the south has gone on long enough. If you though 'nam was a nightmare, think about korea, with nukes (or at least dirty bombs), bio, and pretty much anything else syria, china and russia want to test run on someone else's patch of dirt.

How long do you think that minefield would last if you took a few hundred truckloads of starving northerners to the gate, and told them that there was an all-you-can-eat buffet on the other side of it.

s korea has a pretty beefy military too, though. not as many as the north, but nothing to sneeze at either. one even wonders why the US has forces there at this point, given the size and strength of the s korean military.

but yeah, it would be a fucking mess. perhaps at a new level of 'blood and guts density' given the small peninsula, the size of the armies, the close by urbanized populations of civilians, et cetera....

I read somewhere that there is a book out in Japan that outlines how Kim Jong-Il actually died a number of years ago and a look-alike actor makes public appearances.
I wish I could remember where I read that...

Back