November 11th

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
At this time of Remembrance, I wanted to share these pages.

Created in 2001, The Memory Project is the Dominion Institute’s flagship educational programme, designed to connect veterans and students online and in classrooms across the country. The Memory Project Speakers’ Bureau includes 1,500 veteran volunteers from across Canada visiting classrooms and community groups to share their stories with youth. The veterans in The Memory Project represent a wide range of conflicts, including World War I, World War II, Korean War, Peacekeeping Operations and Canadian Forces experiences.

The Memory Project Digital Archive, an online database that houses the oral histories and artifacts of more than 1000 Canadian veterans, complements the Speakers’ Bureau.

Check out the digital archive (warning - sound - veteran speaking when page opens) as well as the other collections linked on the homepage. One could spend days reading.

2minkey

bootlicker
hey thanks for posting that. i just sent it to my GF to pass along to her father, who was in the canadian navy in ww2. (yes, she was a late child, and dad is 10 years older than mom...)