Now I remember why I never defrag...

Inkara1

IT TOOK FOUR FUCKING HOURS!!!

I have a 20GB Maxtor that's 58% full. I installed Windows 2000 over Windows 98 in October 2001, and never defragged it until tonight. Now the system has a little sense of urgency that it had been lacking for several months now... but damn. Four hours?

It only had 11 gigs to do.

I hate to think of how long it would take to do a scandisk surface scan.

I never defrag. I reinstall my os so often that it wouldn't make sense to.

You leave the same install of your os on your system for 2 months at a time?:eek:

Mine lasts more like 2 weeks. I download every freeware and shareware program there is and try 'em all.:headbang:

Mine is about to hit a year. Can't decide whether to keep it or to go ahead and reinstall. I'm thinking real hard about reinstalling, but don't really have a reason to, 2k is still running fine.

Mine takes all night. Sometimes a day and a half with Nortons Performance Optimizer. That's for defraggin three partitions of a 120 GB HD and one 120 GB external disk.

I agree Bubba, Diskeeper zips through defragging on my system; a 12 gb and a 60gb running XP and NTFS. You can even set it to automatically defrag.

I'll defrag when i can get Norton's speedisk, i'm not willing to use the shitty built in defrag utility.

every so often i'll attempt to defrag my boss' 'puter while she's away for the day ... i've never finished doing so yet :eek:

Back