Now we know

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
NEW YORK - Rosie O'Donnell, the new co-host of the ABC women's talk show "The View," made some comments on Christianity this week that has prompted some Christians to respond in strong disagreement.

"Radical Christianity is just as threatening as radical Islam in a country like America where we have a separation of church and state. We're a democracy here," she said on the show.

As much as I loathe this overblown fatass windbag, I salute her. Unlike most people, celebrity or no, she at least has the guts to come out and say her agenda aloud. That makes it easy to know where she stands. Well, that, and the cracks in the pavement...

So thanks Rosie. You have officially announced your support of the opposition. Have a burka. Please. Now if only you could convince your buddies, like Brad Pitt, Katie Couric, Dick Murtha, Hillary Klinton, and Wolf Blitzer to be equally forthright and just go ahead and declare allegiance to America's enemies in public rather than continuing the word games, we could get busy winning this thing.

You fucking waste.

2minkey

bootlicker
um, so when the promise keepers and bin laden align in several opinions, there's nothing there?

when the US is the only western country that votes WITH iran on certain issues at the UN... then that's cool?

roll back the clock. put us back in the middle ages. that'll make fundamentalists from both religions happy.

it ain't rosie, dumb as she is, puttin' the girlies in burkas. it's the fundies. from both religions.

chcr

Too cute for words
Radical Christianity is just as threatening as radical Islam
support of the opposition
Not really, but it's a typical knee-jerk reaction. You can go ahead and put me on ignore because I think she's right. Threatening in different ways certainly, but no less so.

BeardofPants

Radical Christianity is just as threatening as radical Islam
*echoes chcr

:shrug: I agree with her as well. The key point is that radical xianity is just as fubar'd as radical Islam.

Fred_Phelps_10-29-2002.jpg

Camelyn

Just as soon as Christians begin strapping bombs on their children, let me know will ya?

No, not bombs, just signs with pictures of dead foetuses and the proclamation that this is what abortion does to babys. Oh, and then they send them to stand in traffic.

Professur

No, not bombs, just signs with pictures of dead foetuses and the proclamation that this is what abortion does to babys. Oh, and then they send them to stand in traffic.

I'm trying to see where that somehow counter-balances strapping a bomb to your own child and blowing him up ..... and I'm not seeing it.

Although I can see a comparison between strapping bombs and aborting a fetus....

Camelyn

I'm trying to see where that somehow counter-balances strapping a bomb to your own child and blowing him up ..... and I'm not seeing it.

Although I can see a comparison between strapping bombs and aborting a fetus....

I am not trying to counterbalance anything or rate anything on a scale of 1 to nasty. I'm just making an observation.

chcr

Too cute for words
Way to misinterpret my point. In the name of Jeebus? I'm betting yes, or at least they consider themselves to be christian. OTOH, there'll always be sick fucks in any society that are ready and willing (even enthusiastic) to abuse children, won't there?

Professur

But there's one helluva difference between people who abuse children ... and people who abuse children ...in the name of Gawd

Professur

If you're only looking at the end result, I can believe that. But if you look at how they got there ....

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Let's see how this goes....

"lil Muhammed, strap this on & go blow up that bus."

vs

"C'mon you little bastard, goddamnit."

No, not seeing the intent, sorry.

If you're referring to the priests with fetishes, if you notice, the Catholic community came out & denounced those actions. Still awaiting the good Islamic community.

chcr

Too cute for words
Let's see how this goes....

"lil Muhammed, strap this on & go blow up that bus."

vs

"C'mon you little bastard, goddamnit."

No, not seeing the intent, sorry.

If you're referring to the priests with fetishes, if you notice, the Catholic community came out & denounced those actions. Still awaiting the good Islamic community.

There was a point in there somewhere. *sigh* Never mind.

chcr

Too cute for words
If you're only looking at the end result, I can believe that. But if you look at how they got there ....

Their reasons are exactly the same no matter how they rationalize it. Please tell me you don't think it's more acceptable because it's their religion.

Professur

Their reasons are exactly the same no matter how they rationalize it. Please tell me you don't think it's more acceptable because it's their religion.

I don't think it's acceptable in any instance. I'm suprised you'd even need to ask.