o_O Wow.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Holy fracking shizznit.

RamDrives.

Literally.

Wonder if they keep data after the computer's shut down?

I've been literally begging for ram drives to be feasible for several years. The hard drive is the slowest damned major hardware in a computer now, besides the obvious internet connection.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Can't you create a Ram Disc on a PC? I know they don't retain data on shutdown, but they work well if you have the physical ram to take advantage of.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but you have to transfer the files to it every time you create it. A solid state disk, while expensive, doesn't lose data on shut down. It's actually a good bit more reliable than a conventional hard disk, it's just never been economically feasible to have these in mass production because they use memory chips which are still a lot more expensive than disk platters.

:drool:

Professur

FlashRam, guys. Same as the memory sticks for your cameras. and it's nothing new. If anyone want's one, my brother in law had a few, and might still have one.

Kawaii

Dig a bit and you'll see prices around ~$4000(weakest... if you can call it that) to ~$16000(extreme).

tommyj27

Not really Banned
pretty cool, not worth the price IMHO for something that will be outdated before it arrives on your doorstep.

Mirlyn

tommyj27 said:
that's what i was thinking actually. great minds think alike huh? :D
:grinyes:

Actually, I'd take both. Then I'd sell the tower and put the money towards a computer I'd actually use.

Inkara1 said:
I went cheap. Only $14,649.99. Never mind that it's more money than I make in a year.

[nopressuresales]"Bet we could set you up with our perferred customer payment plan. Only $220 a month for the next 96 months, whaddya say?"[/nopressuresales]