Obama is rollin in the money.

GrandCaravanSE

WASHINGTON – Barack Obama, who rewrote the book on presidential fundraising, amassed more than $745 million during his marathon campaign, more than twice the amount obtained by his rival, Republican John McCain.

In the end, Obama still had $30 million left over.

After initially vowing to take public funds if McCain did, Obama became the first presidential candidate since the campaign finance reforms of the 1970s to raise private donations during the general election.

link

H2O boy

but rich people are evil

or is that just rich conservatives? or rich white people? or rich people who dont agree with you?

i get it all confused

spike

I believe since H20 boy wasn't making any sense that he was asking what the fuck he was talking about.

Cerise

I donated. Well worth it.

Too bad BamWow! can't help out poor ol' Hillary and throw some of that money her way:

NEW YORK -- President-elect Barack Obama's vast list of donors is being asked to donate to Hillary Rodham Clinton as she scrambles to reduce her massive campaign debt before she becomes secretary of state and federal ethics rules limit her fundraising, an Obama adviser said Thursday night.

An appeal on Clinton's behalf signed by Vice President-elect Joe Biden is to be sent by e-mail to all of the more than three million donors to Obama's record-setting fundraising, according to this adviser, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the e-mail had not yet been sent.http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2008/12/05/obamas-million-donors-asked-pay-clinton-debt/

Did you get contacted about your obligation yet?

Cerise

Why the hell would you care? Did Bush send money to the republicans he beat?
I don't have any obligation related to this subject.

Jeeze. Don't get cranky. Or, shall I say, Inky.

The Cap'n wants you to cough up a pittance in order to bail out the she-beast who will unveil the goods she's got on him unless she receives compensation in full.

It's the least you can do for Herr Messiah. :shrug:

spike

If anyone is cranky here it's you Cerise. You can't even bring yourself to call the president elect by his name. The Derangement Syndrome and America hatin' is strong with you.

You have no point. You're just whining.

2minkey

bootlicker
The Cap'n wants you to cough up a pittance in order to bail out the she-beast who will unveil the goods she's got on him unless she receives compensation in full.

It's the least you can do for Herr Messiah. :shrug:

unless you're trying to write a script for another ghostbusters movie, you might want to reconsider all this ridiculous mythical drama tripe.

Cerise

:rofl3:

The point is:

It is clear from that article that Comrade Obamavich will be contacting all the sheeple that built that big ol' pile o' cash to give their hard-earned money to retire the political debts of his choice for Secretary of State.

Do you dare say "no?"

Dig deep, citizen! It will be well worth it!

spike

So, you're up in arms because he might ask people if they can contribute to something?

Where's the problem exactly Cerise?

Quit your whining. This is petty and pathetic.