odd coincidence

Dave

within in the past couple of months, all 4 cars here have had one unrepairable flat tire. not only that, but we all had to wait 3-4 days before a replacement tire was available.

From your post it seems you don't 'know' what caused the flat.

Was it a nail or a screw?

A real defect in the tire NOT!

That does sound like an inordinate number of incidents indeed.

i cut my tire on a piece of granite sidewalk curbing. parallel parking and ran up on an oversized piece that was around a storm drain. didnt see it in the mirror, torrential downpour. that was a fun time changing that tire.
Diana ran over a piece of metal.
pretty sure the other 2 cars ran over road debris as well.

Seems odd that the local tire shop wouldn't carry tires in stock at least in the Accord's size, unless you were waiting for the exact brand and model of tire... but then, it seems weird the dealership wouldn't carry those.

Inkara1 said:
Seems odd that the local tire shop wouldn't carry tires in stock at least in the Accord's size, unless you were waiting for the exact brand and model of tire... but then, it seems weird the dealership wouldn't carry those.

:eek: You want him to go to a dealer$hip?

no concern. just thought it odd that there are no tires available for newer cars.

yes, i did want the same brand/model. i dont like mixing and matching tires. the dealer did have a replacement for mine, but her dealer didnt.

another odd thing i've discovered is that you cant buy a tire after 5pm around here. every place is closed by then.

Back