Odd...very odd. SMELL THE DIAPER!

PrincessLissa

Today I went to a baby shower for a girl I used to baby sit. I haven't seen her since she was little and now she's all grown up and going to go into labor any minute now. It was cool to see her and her brother, but it was hard for me to see her mom. Her mom is my mother's best friend (hard to imagine she has any friends) and she is battling breast cancer right now and hasn't wanted anyone to see her. Her wig looked very nice and very natural on her and she seemed to be in great spirits. She is so excited to be a gramma.

Anyway, on the more odd side...we played a game called "smell the diaper". The hostess put 6 different chocolate candy's into the microwave one at a time and then smeared the brown gook into the center of the diaper. We all had to open the poopy looking diaper, sniff it and write down a guess as to what the candy was. It was really funny to watch people smelling the "poopy" diapers.

So who else has heard of ODD baby shower games? I've played the pin game, the toliet paper to guess the mommy's tummy game, and the baby bottle race so I thought I have seen them all.

i remember a game that involved a picking a diaper from a basket and one had mustard in it and whomever got the mustard one won a prize but my favorite game is the name the baby food one where you get blindfolded and fed baby food from jars and whomever names the most correctly wins a prize...basically shower games are lame :shrug:

I threw a baby shower for my best friend a in September and we played the Smell the diaper game. The difference was that I smeared it with all kinds of different spices and such and people had to guess what they were. One of the girls helping me couldn't believe how real I made them look. We also had people writing down what she was saying while opening gifts and read it back later. Everything she said was what she said on the night they conceived.

my ex was at the shower for marlowe...mainly because i didn't want to be left alone with all the women in the family :eek:

PrincessLissa said:
She is now 19.

Tonsky, some baby food is NASTY! You would have to buy the desert ones only :D

Prof, only you. And well, maybe Unc or Inky.
actually...i think that after having first hand experience with some toxically stinky diapers Unc would prolly pass on the real thing. more's the pity as he has a steady supply :s

PrincessLissa said:
She is now 19.

Tonsky, some baby food is NASTY! You would have to buy the desert ones only :D

Prof, only you. And well, maybe Unc or Inky.
Heeeeeeeeeey I would too :(

;)

SOrry bout that. I just know Inky, Unc and Prof a little better. You will no be included in my EWWWWWWW list of people that mistake the word whork for something dirty. :D

Back