oh ku'uuuuuuuuuuuu!

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
better rush out before they're all gone :lloyd:
capt.hilp80403042218.spam_war_hilp804.jpg
Thu Mar 4, 5:20 PM ET
A 'Hawaii collector's edition' Spam can with a picture of a hula doll on both sides of the can and three pieces of 'spam misubi' is shown as part of a 6-foot high display at a grocery store in Kailua, Hawaii, Thursday, March 3, 2004. Spam, made by Austin, Minn.-based Hormel Foods Corp., has been Hawaii's undisputed king of canned luncheon meat since it first introduced to the islands during World War II. Now a rival brand Tulip from Denmark is trying to unseat Spam.
yahoo:spam:

Oz

I find it hard to imagine anyone sitting on a tropical beach, under the shade of a magnificent palm tree with blue crystalline surf splashing delicately against their feet.........eating a spam sandwich :eh:

But each to their own I guess :D

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
They usually have the Spam, eggs, sausage, and spam because it doesn't have much spam in it... :grinyes:

A.B.Normal

So the SPAM restaurant wasn't just a product placement for the movie "50 first dates"? its that popular on the islands.I remember when I wa s young my mom making fried spam or spam fried rice:eek3:

unclehobart

I must have eaten 15 cans of the stuff while I was out there. It got to the point where they were all staring at me and telling me to take it easy. They did eat SPAM... just like once in a while as a sidebar... not as a staple.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
That's a relief to hear. Staples can cause serious gastro-intestinal problems...especially the large ones...