ohgodhelpme

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
As part of our ongoing efforts to provide excellent service, Bell Canada and Microsoft have combined the Sympatico.ca and MSN.ca Internet sites to create the Sympatico.MSN.ca site. This new destination promises to bring more of what you've asked for in an Internet experience. It will be more entertaining, easier to use and even more useful - and will offer you great tools, content and services.

One of the great features available to Sympatico customers at our new online home is My Page, which lets you create your own personal home page, organized just the way you like it, with a layout and background that's a real reflection of who you are.

What do Sympatico customers need to know about registering for My Page?

You will need to have a .NET Passport account in order to register for My Page and create your own personal home page. Currently there are several ways for Sympatico customers to get quick access to a .NET Passport so that they can register for this service:

1. For customers who have joined Sympatico after June 6, 2004: Great news, you already have a .NET Passport associated with your Sympatico email address. All you need to do is input your Sympatico email address and Passport password as part of the registration process for My Page.

2. Sign Up for MSN Premium: By signing up for MSN Premium, not only do you get all the benefits of Bell Sympatico service with MSN Premium Internet software, but your current Sympatico email address also becomes your .NET Passport. To find out more about how MSN Premium can enhance your online experience, click here.

3. You can use an existing Microsoft .NET Passport: If you already have a MSN or Hotmail email address, then you can use this address when registering for My Page at Sympatico.MSN.ca.

4. You can create a new Microsoft .NET Passport : You can create a new @msn.com or @hotmail.com based .NET Passport by visiting here.

What if my situation can't be resolved by one of these options?

Bell Sympatico is taking additional measures to make sure that all of our customers have the capability to get a .NET Passport associated with their Sympatico email address, so that our customers will be able to register for My Page as well as other .NET Passport services.

Beginning in August, we will offer our customers the capability of transferring their current Bell Sympatico email address to our new enhanced email platform, at no additional charge. This transfer process also provides our customers with a .NET Passport associated with their existing Sympatico email address. At that time, registering for My Page will become even easier.

Please be sure to visit service.sympatico.ca in August for more details on how to transfer your Sympatico email address to our new enhanced email platform. Sympatico Member Services
GAK!!!

I'm screwed. They're making me! From all indications, at some point I won't be able to use my sympatico mail without it :retard: And since the other ISP around here is now Rogers/Yahoo...we all be trapped with being pwned by one or the other.

Leslie said:
GAK!!!

I'm screwed. They're making me! From all indications, at some point I won't be able to use my sympatico mail without it :retard: And since the other ISP around here is now Rogers/Yahoo...we all be trapped with being pwned by one or the other.
Put down the mouse and back slowly away from the computer. :lol:

:lol:

MAN I hate these people!!! My original support mail to them is at bottom. Could they not answer the question more? :retard:

Dear Member,

Thank you for writing to MSN Hotmail.

This is Ravneet and I want to apologize for the delay getting back to you.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having sending and or receiving your e-mail messages. I have included some background as well as troubleshooting steps below for you to take that should get you sending and receiving e-mail again.

I. Problems or delays sending or receiving e-mail?

If you or a recipient is using a client like Outlook or Outlook Express then it is possible that you're experiencing abnormal delays when sending and receiving e-mail. We want you to know we are taking actions and will get the problem resolved as quickly as possible.

As an interim solution you may want to try using the Hotmail Web UI by going to http://www.hotmail.com to send and receive mail to see if that helps your delivery times.

However if you are a Hotmail customer sending and receiving mail using the Hotmail site it is still possible that you're experiencing delays sending and or receiving e-mail. Currently MSN Hotmail is experiencing an unusually large volume of incoming mail and this is causing some customers to experience abnormal delays when sending or receiving e-mail. This issue does differ slightly than the delays Outlook and Outlook Express users are experiencing and this issue is also a high priority issue we're working to resolve.

II. Review Junk E-mail Protection settings (for general receiving problem)

A. If you have set your Junk E-Mail Filter to either "Enhanced" or "Exclusive", please make sure your Delete Junk E-mail is not set to "Delete junk e-mail immediately." Such settings will delete e-mail messages redirected to your Junk E-mail folder immediately. Sometimes, Junk Mail Filters may filter legitimate e-mails, and its immediate deletion process could hinder you from retrieving mails directed to junk mail as you will not be able to check that mailbox for misdirected messages.
B. If you are expecting an e-mail from a specific person and your Junk E-mail Filter is set to "Exclusive"; please make sure his or her e-mail address is included in either your Contacts or Safe List. Otherwise, the message will be redirected to your Junk E-mail folder.

C. Junk or "spam" e-mails can be very annoying and blocking them has been proven effective. However, accidental blocking could happen. As a precautionary measure, please check your Block Sender list for legit e-mail addresses and domain names inadvertently blocked.

D. If you have set custom filters, please review them. When reviewing be sure there are no anomalies that could cause message redirection. Custom Filters are a very powerful tool since you can tell the Hotmail server what folder you want certain e-mail be delivered to.

Note: If the expected message has already arrived, as mentioned above your issue could have been related to the general latency being experienced by our system. Your patience is greatly appreciated as our engineers are working hard to resolve this issue. Resolving the mail delivery latency problem is a high priority and we're working to resolve it as soon as possible so we can continue to provide the level of service you expect from us.

Sincerely,

Ravneet
MSN Hotmail Technical Support

--- Original Message ---
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sep 22 2004 4:20PM
Subject: How-to / Other / Other

Date: Wed Sep 22 19:20:07 2004

Operating System: windows XP

Connection Type: cable modem

Browser Type: ie 6+

I wish to know what I need to do to stop receiving the "Monthly Member Letter", and other "informative email from Hotmail Staff".

I find Marketing disguised as information offensive, and do not wish to be bombarded with it from MSN any further.

Back