okay, I'm numb

kuulani

Just got back from the dentist, cleaning and filling.
This is the first time in my whole entire life that I've had a cavity.

Okay, so when does this numbness go away and when can I eat? :D

Numbness... a few hours... pain... 3 days... swelling ... depends, 2-5 days... eating... personal tolerances; but you should probably sit on it til breakfast.

Thanks for reminding me :sick: I don't have a cavity, but my wisdom teeth needs to be "removed" soon... it isn't even out yet :sick: :(

I've never had pain and swelling for that long with a simple filling ... when my wisdom teeth were pulled I was sore for over a week but with a simple filling? Nope ... a bit uncomfortable but not days worth ...

oohh .. I definitely agree with unc on that one ... I pulled all 4 at once ... on one hand, I'm glad I did ... cause it hurt like a sunuvabitch ... and it hurt for days - that actually kicked my ass into staying in bed with the lights off and no noise for a good 3 days.... then I could sorta get back to real life but I had to modify a lot of things .. like smiling .. talking .. eating ... breathing ... :D

unclehobart said:
ah... wisdom teeth... thats an easy one. All you do is blow your head off with a .410 shotgun... no more pain.

Yeah, no more anything really.

Ok, Ku'u Unc is a crack feind! Breakfast fo ryou woudl be over 12 hours from the time he posted that!

Numbness goes away in usually 3-4 hours enough that you feel almost normal. You have ot keep an eye on it for a few hours after that though cause parts may still be numb and you don't want to bite your mouth. Once your mouth begins to feel normal (3-4 hours prolly) then you can eat.

OH YEAH! If you drink before the nuse a straw, if not you have a BIG mess!

It all depends on how much they dug into the tooth. I've only had three cavities in my day.. all of them massive. I needed serious downtime before I was comfortable with solids again.

Im allergic to sodas and most sugary stuff. I always had a salt tooth in lieu of a sweet one.

...Does a meat lover pizza count as a vegetable? :p

Back