OMG it's another negative "global warming isn't real" thread. How shocking.

jimpeel

It seems there is weird weather all over the globe; and all of it is related to cold weather, people dying of cold weather in usually hot places, historically cold weather, etc.

Damn that global warming anyway!

Scores dead in India from cold

Britain facing one of the coldest winters in 100 years, experts predict

Once in a generation cold snap forecast for NC

http://cbs2chicago.com/wireapnewsil/Chicago.man.s.2.1400772.html"]Man's Death Is Fourth Related To Cold This Winter in Chicago

U.S. East Coast Faces Deep Freeze; Florida Oranges Threatened

Cold, cold, and more cold

uschill.gif

Fort Wayne, Indiana (Airport)
Updated: 10 min 42 sec ago
9 °F
Partly Cloudy
Windchill: -3 °F

Its quite obvious the graphic indicates it is cold in January in the northern hemisphere.

How can that be? Al is telling us baby seals are dying by the buttload because I drive a full size F-150

Oh, you need a "comment of substance on global warming"? Here's one. Anthropogenic global warming is a farce, a fraud, and a scam. It is the most sinister conspiracy in all of world history perpetrated by those who seek to change the political climate of the entire planet -- and almost succeeded. They may still but not without resistance.

Is that substantive enough?

If the pro AGW side can use every hurricane and heat wave as evidence for their contentions then so can we use every opposite event as proof of our contentions. Are we supposed to simply sit idly by and let only one side, one set of voices, be heard?

DesMoines Register -- Feeling cold? We're at 30 below normal

Guardian News and Media Limited -- Peru's mountain people face fight for survival in a bitter winter

AFP, TELEGRAPH -- Siberian winds usher in record lows in Beijing

UK Daily Mail -- As Britain told to expect snow for 'next 10 days', how is the rest of the world is coping with this Arctic weather?

How can that be? Al is telling us baby seals are dying by the buttload because I drive a full size F-150
I drive an AWD V8 SUV. Pot, kettle, black.

I don't claim its real. I don't claim its false. I think it's a little too soon to tell in our decades of accurately recording temperatures on an unknown timeline.

The record low for today was -12F here, in 1919. Comparing to today's computerized manufacturing containing calibrations and checks, how accurate were the thermometers in 1919? I don't discount the Gories, just not convinced myself.

wow, jim, so there's short-term up and down cycles of variation? i never suspected that about the weather before! OMG this thread is compelling me to learn, learn, learn.

In other news, the earth is tilted on its axis, causing seasons of warmth and cold depending on the time of year.

More at 11.

Back