One Love .. One World ... One Current

nalani

So ... I think it's fairly accurate to say that *most* people on the globe wish for world peace, especially during the holiday season. Well, the answer came to me as I was packing and repacking for my trip to New Zealand. What do we need to insure world peace? One electrical system and one current.

I picked up a converter kit with 5 different outlet thingies. Five. Holyhell! .. The converter thingy has a hi and lo switch, which was why I bought it, the lo for radios, chargers, etc., and the hi for irons, blow dryers, etc. But then I open it up and it says not to use the converter for computers or curling irons. Huh? What's that about?

So .. one world .. one love .. one electrical system .. one current. That's how world peace will be attained. :headbang:

U R funneh

What we need for whirrled peas is:
"The American Way!"

60 hz 120 Volts

speak engrish or die
Oh and

Freedom for all of God's Children

What kind of power standard do they have in Iraq?

No two countries that have a Macdonalds ever went to war!
-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-
how's that?

The "low" setting probably has a capacity of 50W, while most laptops consume 70W or more. It would burn up your adapter. I'm guessing a curling iron must consume more than 1600W by the same token.

and, just for everyone's information, the two different types of electrical doohickeys act differently, so don't buy a 1600W converter to plug the table saw into.

Inkara1 said:
The "low" setting probably has a capacity of 50W, while most laptops consume 70W or more. It would burn up your adapter. I'm guessing a curling iron must consume more than 1600W by the same token.

and, just for everyone's information, the two different types of electrical doohickeys act differently, so don't buy a 1600W converter to plug the table saw into.
You have severely complicated the plan :)

Back