One more bucket of grease.

Professur

Girl weds dog to ward off evil eye in eastern India: report

NEW DELHI (AP) - A seven-year-old girl wed a stray dog as part of a ritual to ward off the "evil eye" on her and her family in eastern India, a news agency reported Wednesday.

Shivam Munda's upper teeth appeared before her lower teeth - considered a bad omen by members of the Santhal ethnic group to which she belongs, the Press Trust of India said in a report from Dhanbad, a coal mining town in the eastern state of Bihar.

Kundan Munda, a coal mine worker, said his daughter married the dog only to "remove the evil eye," a superstitious belief that some misfortune could befall her and the family, and that she would be free to marry a man later.

Friends and family participated in three days of traditional ceremonies and festivities that are part of a Santhal tribal marriage, Munda said, according to the report.
Source

So if they have sex, which one gets arrested??

The dog will be dead of natural causes long before she truly becomes of age to marry. The parents apparently wanted a strong working, loyal son in law... one that worked well in the family herding business.

Professur said:
You wanna take a minute and think about rephrasing that?
Nah, I've already frigged up my whole posting day anyway. :brush:
Maybe someone might find the humor in it. :devious:

So homechick has to marry a dog because her upper teeth came in first? What would she have had to marry if she was born with teeth? An early bird?

LOL, that opens up a whole new line....
What would she had to have married if she'd been hair-lipped?

tonksy said:
So homechick has to marry a dog because her upper teeth came in first? What would she have had to marry if she was born with teeth? An early bird?

That would open up a whole new can of worms... and, of course, the early bird would catch the first one.

Back