OTC playlists

kuulani

At the iTunes Music Store, they have Celebrity playlists, where celebs make a list of their favorite songs of all time. That got me wondering ... what are YOUR favorite songs of all time & what made you pick those songs? (Let's keep this to your favorite 10 songs).

Here are mine (in no particular order):
1. I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing (Aerosmith) - Because the movie Armegeddon made me cry and cry.

2.Cocody Rock (Alpha Blondy) - Reminds me of growing up with my cousins.

3. Always (Atlantic Starr) - The wedding song of the 80s.

4. Waika (The Brothers Cazimero) - The most beautifullest Hawaiian song EVER.

5. You Were Mine (Dixie Chicks) - This songs makes me cry.

6. Santa Baby (Eartha Kitt) - Gotta love Eartha!

7. Tears in Heaven (Eric Clapton) - This songs reminds me of my late aunty.

8. Standing in the Rain (Kainani Kahaunahele) - I LOVE Kainani's voice!! She sounds like a Hawaiian Karen Carpenter.

9. Kauoha Mai (Lena Machado) - This song is soooo funny.

10. Someday (Nickelback) - Nickelback is currently my favorite band.

(picking only 10 songs was hard!!)

cannot pick only 10, they change all the time.

this is my current listing in my music folder and my shared folder as at last night -

*note any pr0n in there is remnants of hubby not mine :p

Attachments

• Winamp Generated PlayList.txt
    73.5 KB · Views: 14
Damn, that looks a lot like mine. I thought I was the only one with pipe music.

Whoa!!! Bobby Vinton? I take it back. No Celine on mine either.

Don't you edit off the x-mas music when you take down the tree and lights? (You have taken down the tree and lights, haven't you?)

Sinatra? The London Sym-phony? Mozart? Must be for punishing the kids. Pavo-rotten? Yup, definitely punishment.

Scotish Love Songs??? I. Don't. Even. Wanna. Know.

Only one Trooper song. You don't have The Boys in the Bright White Sports Car? I thought I knew you.

and my kids have been listening to the weird stuff for ages...they bop and sing along to opera now...

well they will till they find out it's not cool.

Leslie said:
and my kids have been listening to the weird stuff for ages...they bop and sing along to opera now...

well they will till they find out it's not cool.

Bugs Bunny was making Opera cool back in my day,if they watch cartoons I'm sure they'll still think its cool.

[forrestgump]my music library is like box of chocolates...[/forrestgump]

seriously, i have a bit of everything and i'm always looking for more.

Marilyn Manson: Tourniquet. I have felt that way about myself.

Coldplay: the Scientist I felt that way after my ex and I broke up

Manson: Angel with the Scabbed wings. I love that song

Green Day: Time of your life felt that way after HS.

Collective Soul: Run other feelings after graduated HS

Tool: Sober Love that song

Tool: Prison Sex I know how it feels

Korn: Daddy Once again I know how it feels

Don Henley: Boys of summer Something haunting about that song

Elton John: anything by him really but Id say Candle in the Wind since Marilyn Monroe was beautiful and I lvoe that song

I tried and tried, but I couldn't do 10. Here's my favorite 11.

1. I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing (Aerosmith) - Armageddon made me cry, too.

2. Only God Knows Why (Kid Rock) - Played at my cousin's funeral. I cry when I hear it and remember him.

3. Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) (Green Day) - Reminds me of high school. It was played at our graduation.

4. The whole album Fallen by Evanescence. I couldn't choose just one of those songs.

5. Wonderboy (Tenacious D) - I just really like that song. The video wasn't bad, but I was expecting something else.

6. Tribute (Tenacious D) - I absolutely love the song and video.

7. Atmosphere (Joy Division) - I can't explain all my favorites. But this is one of them.

8. Spider and The Fly (London After Midnight) - Like all my other music I had to cut from the list. This is something that helps me relax. I can just close my eyes and feel it.

9. Zombie (The Cranberries) - A girlfriend (now ex) had played this once. For the longest time I thought it was Alanis Morrisette and kept buying her albums without ever finding it.

10. Everybody Hurts (R.E.M.) - Because... everybody hurts, sometimes.

11. Everybody's Free (to wear sunscreen) (Baz Luhrmann/Mary Schmich) - Reminds me of life and how valuable all that advice really is.

Well there you have it. :D

My WinAmp playlist is fairly small, only about 22 hours. But I lost a couple hours' worth of good songs when my secondary hard drive died back in 2000, and only have them on CDs I'd burned. I've also got a lot more songs on CD and vinyl, which I tend to listen to more on those formats instead of in mp3.

Anyways, here goes.

1. Aerosmith - Amazing
2. Collective Soul - The World I Know
3. US3 - Cantalope
4. Third Eye Blind - Motorcycle Driveby
5. Cold - Bleed
6. Linkin Park - Easier to Run
7. Led Zeppelin - Heartbreaker
8. Matchbox 20 - Long Day
9. Stroke 9 - Kick Some Ass
10. STP - Creep
this is hard...there are more, but damn...
[mirlyn@fileserver mirlyn]$ cat mp3filelist | wc -l
[mirlyn@fileserver mirlyn]$
maybe this is why....number of lines (songs) in my playlist ;)

freako104 said:
Tool: Prison Sex I know how it feels

freako, ya really gonna have to explain that one :confused:

Is "prison sex I know how it feels" the full title of the song...

or is it "prison sex" and I know how it feels some kinda confession yer making? :confused: :eek:

I've narrowed it down to 17. Removing another song would remove a significant part of my playlist's 'feel'.

No Doubt - Bathwater <No Doubt is a quite underrated band, with a high and even song quality(as opposed to a few good ones and besides that just crap), not to mention a great sound.>

The Offspring - Can't Get My Head Around You <Honorary mention: Staring At the Sun. They bring back so many childhood memories... I used to listen to Americana with my friend all the time. Good times.>

Berserk OST - Forces <A very powerful song. It sends shivers down my spine.>

Bad Religion - I Love My Computer <I just love this song. Beat, feel, lyrics, everything: perfect.>

Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head <The song, not the album. A great song for relaxing or when i'm depressed.>

Evanescence - My Last Breath <Wonderful. Not much to say here.>

.hack//SIGN OST - A Bit of Happiness <Actually, all .hack//SIGN OSTs, but this one is particularily good.>

Apocalyptica featuring Linda Sundblad - Faraway vol. 2 <Apocalytica in general is very good, but Linda's voice in conjuction with Apocalyptica's musical dexterity is simply too much.>

Everything by Ayumi Hamasaki - 600+ songs <What can i say? I'm addicted.>

Faye Wong(Final Fantasy VIII OST) - Eyes On Me <Beautiful, emotional song. Watching it within the game(middle of cd 3) puts it over the top.>

Metallica - Enter Sandman <Classic.>

Akeboshi(Naruto OST) - Wind(aka Outro) <Just a great feel, that's all.>

Nightwish - Bless the Child <I sleep to Nightwish on the way to school. Cool orchestral/opera music.>

Dj Mystik - Japanese Girl <Nice trance/techno song.>

Vandread OST - Meia <An original sound. I happened to like it.>

The Sounds - Hit Me! <I like their raw and unedited feel.>

Chris DeBurgh - Lady in Red <Because it's one of the only songs ever to have made me cry. Just a little, but still.>

Cutting Crew - Died in Your Arms Tonight <Same as above.>

See the attachment for my complete archive.

Back