Pat Robertson - strongest man alive!

rrfield

http://www.cbn.com/communitypublic/shake.asp

Did you know that Pat Robertson, through rigorous training, leg-pressed 2,000 pounds! How did he do it?

Watch a video of Pat leg-pressing 1,000 pounds.

Where does Pat find the time and energy to host a daily, national TV show, head a world-wide ministry, develop visionary scholars, while traveling the globe as a statesman?

One of Pat's secrets to keeping his energy high and his vitality soaring is his age-defying protein shake. Pat developed a delicious, refreshing shake, filled with energy-producing nutrients.

Discover what kinds of natural ingredients make up Pat's protein shake by registering for your FREE booklet today!

rrfield

2. There is no way on earth Robertson leg presses 2,000 pounds. That would mean a 76-year-old man broke the all-time Florida State University leg press record by 665 pounds over Dan Kendra. 665 pounds. Further, when he set the record, they had to modify the leg press machine to fit 1,335 pounds of weight. Plus, Kendra's capillaries in his eyes burst. Burst. Where in the world did Robertson even find a machine that could hold 2,000 pounds at one time? And how does he still have vision?

http://cbs.sportsline.com/spin/story/9454343

unclehobart

I think the trouble is in what they may be constituting as a leg press. Ones that go straight out parallel to the ground are easy to ramp up gobs of weight on. A 30 degree steel frame/real weights upangle leg press gets a bit trickier. A thousand pounds for an old man would be impressive. A 45 degree upangle press can be mighty hard. I did 1425lbs on that at the height of my weightlifting in youth... and that only a few times as I thought I was going to give myself a hernia. A straight up leg press suuuuucks! I was never comfortable doing more than 500 lbs on one of those.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Mr. Robertson warms up now at 500 pounds, and was shown on television with Kristi Watts doing 1000 pounds.
His doctor, by the way, has leg pressed 2,700 pounds. It is not nearly as hard as the authors of these reports make it out to be. We have multiple witnesses to the 2,000 pound leg press, plus video of the 10 reps of 1,000 pounds.

unclehobart

They must be doing a straight out hydraulic leg press then. If they are declaring 1000 pounds to be 'not hard', its the only way.