PEACHES!!!

Oh man, I rally miss the 3 peach trees we planted at our old house. We'd get maybe half bushell off of them but they were so good.

I prefer nectarines to eat fresh, I don't like the furry skins on the peaches. They make me thirsty and my mouth feel funny.

I make a fairly mean cobbler. I usually mix peaches with berries as Rob isn't a huge peach fan.

A note to our Georgia friends...

We had a nasty late freeze & it killed all the blooms on our peach trees. UPS does overnight.

Just finished a little bowl of home-made no sugar added peach ice cream, thank me very much.

Gonz, GA is only number three in US peach cultivation you know. California grows the most (but they're probably gay peaches) but the sweetest and therfore bestest for ice cream come from number 2 South Carolina. :D

I prefer nectarines to eat fresh, I don't like the furry skins on the peaches. They make me thirsty and my mouth feel funny.

Peel 'em.

Mango is much better for ice cream ;)

Mango?

bscap00014uu.jpg

GA is only number three in US peach cultivation you know. California grows the most (but they're probably gay peaches) but the sweetest and therfore bestest for ice cream come from number 2 South Carolina. :D

By the time the Cali folks get off their ass & ship the peaches, I'll get pits. We don't have anybody here from SC so Unc/Tonks, HomeLAN (though he's not really here anymore) & Cat will have to come thru. We do have Michigan peaches in the store but their smaller & not as sweet.

Plus they got that weird assed accent.

You're big on the "traits of people crossing over to their fruit" today eh?

Oh, and re: gay California peaches...I wouldn't expect them to be any more gay than other peaches...after all, they're all fruits! :lloyd:

Just finished a little bowl of home-made no sugar added peach ice cream, thank me very much.

Gonz, GA is only number three in US peach cultivation you know. California grows the most (but they're probably gay peaches) but the sweetest and therfore bestest for ice cream come from number 2 South Carolina. :D

Peel 'em.

I'm lazy and nectarines aren't hairy. :D

Back