Personal responsibiity 101

I think if I paid my taxes to create that fire department and pay their salaries, I'd be pissed.

Seems they ran low on cash and decided to charge extra for services already paid for. (sneaky commie shit)

I have read this story before about one or two years ago and it seems it is exactly the same story verbatim. I am curious as to why it has a recent date on it.

The story now makes me think of ObamaCare.

Our cabin is in a place where the only fire dept is Nat'l fire. If we catch fire there isn't really anything they could do. The place has some walls over 130 years old, I suspect it would be a total loss before they could even get there.

I guess rural living has some disadvantages, being away from the liberal infested inner city is worth risking most anything.

I'd have paid the 75 all along, but if I was that guy, I think I'd have been
reaching for my wallet as soon as they pulled up.

BTW, they weren't paid by any of that guys tax dollars.
They were from the next county over. That's why he was obligated for the 75.
If one wants to live out in the 'sticks', great, but do what you gotta do and don't whine about it.

Yeah, I guess that's about it.

I've been wondering about the basic services and what we are going to have to cut to survive in the future. Unless we go full commie there's no way we can expect to continue this shit in Cali.

These people do not live in the city limits...the city that owns the FD. It's a service that the city offers to some part of the local area. Not taxable to non-city residents.

cat, he did try to play at the time of service & was rightly told "sorry, too late."

RM, think of it as the anti-commie shit. No pay, no service.

I see that, I didn't bother reading the article. It makes sense.

Although I will bet some of the money for that dept came from the state as well some funds for trucks and equipment from the feds. I guess I would have a hard time watching someones home burn from the window of my fire truck.

It does boil down to the fact that you are responsible for your world and you live by your own choices. -- It is sad that there would be legal ramifications if this public service were to assist this guy in saving his home. -- And it's only going to get 'better' from here.

Think about it.

If you didn't pay, yet your home was saved, what happens next year when nobody pays?

everybody works for free!!! weeeeeeeee

give all your money to me

24v4lf7.jpg

I see your point, really I do.

I guess I'm old fashion in the respect that you help when you can, especially if you happen to have a firetruck at the fire.

....you know, I saw them stuffing your daughter into that van but I didn't think it was any of my business.

cat, he did try to play at the time of service & was rightly told "sorry, too late."

doh!
I missed that part.
I can still see the firemen's side though.

"You can't win if you don't play."
That reminds me....I need to see what the lottery is up to...

I guess I'm old fashion in the respect that you help when you can, especially if you happen to have a firetruck at the fire.

I agree with your sentiment. However, in order to return to the heyday of personal responsibility, everybody has to play or it's nothing but excuses.

Back