Phew... Finally!

Aunty Em

I intended to take my car out to Ron's garage in Brightlingsea (about 10 miles away) for it's annual service and MOT (Inspection) this morning, got as far as the village before the turn off onto the only road in or out and hit a traffic jam like you wouldn't believe! I turned round and came home, then went back later at noon.

It turns out some dum dum was speeding and failed to negotiate the bends (maximum speed 30mph) and caused a 3 car pile up that blocked the road completely from 8am till just after 10am and then with only one lane open till almost 1pm while the police, ambulances and cranes cleaned up the mess. I had to wait 40 minutes for a taxi to come home. What a pain... if they haven't already this guy should be charged with dangerous driving... if he got out alive. From what I saw of the cars that's in serious doubt though!

the day before yesterday i got hit by a taxi, i was on right most lane, he was in the next lane to me, then he sporadically wanted to "turn right" :rolleyes:

Oh god, I went to Brightlingsea on my dads boat alot when I was a kid. Do they still have the outdoor public pool?

greenfreak said:
Whoa, they needed cranes to remove the cars? Must have been pretty bad. :eek:

The bonnet of the car I saw them lifting was banana shaped and about half it's normal length.

We saw a red Mini Cooper last night and Rusty said something about bonnet stripes and he had to explain what he was talking about. When I think of bonnets, I think of Little House on the Prarie. :D

Back