Photos of my new rig

Aunty Em

It's finally all together but not yet running as I won't have the OS until tomorrow and I won't have time before the weekend to set her up, but here are some pics for you to admire. :D

It won't be lit up like a christmas tree until I'm satified that everything is running OK. I'll post some more pics then.

My New Rig

Nice. Whats the brand of the case?
And did you buy black DVD and CDRW drives or just get facias for them?

It's a Codogen 6066CA which cost me £42 at the monthly computer fair they hold here and the facias are built into the front of the case. It came with a 300W Psu but I installed a 400W which I was using with my Athlon Thunderbird (sitting next to it) and will keep the 300 as a spare. I also bought a sound activated blue neon light which I will install when everythings running OK. I'll probably get some cable wrap too to tidy up the psu cables as it's quite cheap.

... and it's got a top blow-hole... :D

The doors to the drives swing open downwards (there are rockers for the trays to push on) and are sprung so they open and close on their own.

Aunty Em said:
... and it's got a top blow-hole... :D

The doors to the drives swing open downwards (there are rockers for the trays to push on) and are sprung so they open and close on their own.

I've got a blowhole on my new case, but due to it being a slightly shorter midi case there is no rear fan. I think my aluminum case is spoiled by the ugly beige DVD drive. I think i might have to disassemble it and paint it with some car paints. That or cut the aluminum blanking plate and fix that on the drawer somehow so that it hides the drive (stealth drive). Look forward to seeing the pictures of the lit up computer Aunty ;)

Arris said:
I've got a blowhole on my new case, but due to it being a slightly shorter midi case there is no rear fan. I think my aluminum case is spoiled by the ugly beige DVD drive. I think i might have to disassemble it and paint it with some car paints. That or cut the aluminum blanking plate and fix that on the drawer somehow so that it hides the drive (stealth drive). Look forward to seeing the pictures of the lit up computer Aunty ;)

There are 3 fans in this one - 1 front, 1 top, 1 rear - I'm paranoid about overheating. I've used YS-Tech silent fans for front and rear and the one that came with the case in the top (though I may change this if it's noisy). Plus those lines that you see down the side of the front facia are actually air slots and the slots in the side are repeated on the other side, so all in all there should be plenty of air getting in and out of the case. Though I did have to make the front fan fit as it looked like there should have been a holder for it but there wasn't.

Oh and one thing I particularly like is that the sides and top are secured by only 1 thumb screw..... yes I did say 1. :)

It's steel, but I can live with that 'cos it looks pretty. :D

Actually I didn't like the fact that my drives would look odd in an aluminium case.

I hope we get to see it with lights by Sunday...

Also, I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion of those fans after you get it running. My case is clear and those fans would look sooooo much nicer.

Q said:
I hope we get to see it with lights by Sunday...

So do I! :lol:

I intend to get out early to do the shopping and start on it straight after lunch on Saturday, so I have at least a couple of days to play.

I just hope I've wired up the switches right ~ I made a mess on the first one getting them muddled up and nearly had a heart attack when it didn't start, but I took the time to carefully work out where everything went this time so hopefully it will be OK. :)

If it's running OK on Monday I shall order another stick of Crucial 256MB 2100 DDR-Ram as the price has dropped by 1/3 since I bought the first one.

... and from the front.

sorry the picture quality isn't very good but it's running on power from the computer at the moment as I haven't had time to get new batteries. :rolleyes:

I'll try and get a better one when it's dark. :)

My niece is here and she keeps telling me that "normal" people don't take pictures of their computers.... :lol:

I'm normal and I took pictures of my puter :retard3:
I haven't installed a light in it though, weirdo... ;)

That's a night-light. It's afraid of the dark.......... :p

I'm kind to my computers, I don't like them over-stressed. ;)

Aunty Em said:
My niece is here and she keeps telling me that "normal" people don't take pictures of their computers.... :lol:

Well, she's obviously not normal. I've got almost as many pics of my computer and other toys as I do my kids.

Back