Photoshop in designing web pages.

IDLEchild

Is it possible to design web page templates in photoshop and then use them in dreamweaver. As in design the look of the page in photoshop and then put it together in dreamweaver or Frontpage.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Don't know how acceptable it is ,but I've created a 800x600 image that contained the buttons and everything and then chopped the image into smaller parts (gifs,jpgs) etc.. the only problem is it kinda screws up if someone views it at anything but 800x600.

Example Note: none of the links work its only a sample/template

I don't think Photoshop does this. You may have to use an image splicer program. I don't know of any, but basically you save the picture as a JPG or PNG then open it in the image splicer program, and it creates a web page template from those images, which you can edit in your preferred html editor

(TextPad = r0x0r++ :D)

You could do the image in Photoshop then turn it in to a image map. I don't think you could animate anything, but you could just make certain areas of the image link to other pages.

Wel the one I linked to was done COMPLETELY in PS.Once I had the full page done ,I then cut things up and made the alternate rollovers and put everything together in Dreamweaver3 including making the rollovers.

If you intend to animate your buttons, You'll have to cut it up as A.B. says. If you don't care about that, you can just make the whole thing a big image map and define areas of the image as links. Much easier, but perhaps not as cool. :D

Possible, but not easy.

Adobe has a program that does what youre looking for, I think. But I can't remember the name of it, sorry.

Back