Plastic Local News People

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
BRYSON_GEORGE.jpg

He's a walking, talking, creepyass Tussaud exhibit. His face doesn't move, his mouth doesn't move, his hair doesn't move.

Let's see yours :devious:

greenfreak

I like ours. Sue Simmons and Chuck Scarborough, NBC channel 4.

3373875.jpg
3701755.jpg

Then, of course, there is Al Roker, my all time favorite. Always smiling.

Roker_Al.jpg

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Huh, I guess those are the local guys there, huh? To me they're the big ones.

We've got Dick, Dick Preston here.

lg_dpreston.jpg

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Didn't Deborah Norville put an end to this blonde bombshell anchor problem after her stint on Today?

x_deborahnorville2.jpg

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
When I see some of these people, I find the plastiman looks they sport to be distracting me from what they're saying. If I have to be watching the news, I'd rather be looking at a closer facsimile to an Average Joe/Jane.

Stop Laughing

Hmm, my district manager looks a lot like Al Roker, but slimmer. Good or bad thing, who knows. :shrug:

HL, I swear we almost got a perfect match: Mark Suppelsa and Robin Robinson.

mark_suppelsa.jpg

robin_robinson.jpg

abooja

I think the Good Day New York (FOX) local morning news team is pretty spiffy looking, not to mention fun and seemingly real.

lucy_noland.jpg
jim_ryan.jpg
jodie_applegate.jpg

mike_woods.jpg
chris_gailus.jpg

HomeLAN

A few years ago, we had a weather dude who channel hopped around for a couple years. My brother-in-law swore he kept moving because he was a child molester. We all laughed at him.

Sure enough, the guy got busted a couple years later in Columbus, soliciting for underage male prostitutes.

Sharky

HomeLAN said:
A few years ago, we had a weather dude who channel hopped around for a couple years. My brother-in-law swore he kept moving because he was a child molester. We all laughed at him.

Sure enough, the guy got busted a couple years later in Columbus, soliciting for underage male prostitutes.

Eeew. :eek6:

Remember the weather dude in Atlanta who was a suspect in the drowning death of his girlfriend at his houseboat on Lake Lanier? Whatever happened in that case?

I met that guy on the docks once when the sports guy was doing a report on the America's Cup race from a boat in the marina. The weather guy was a helicopter pilot and had flown the sports guy to the marina in the station's helicopter. Seemed like a nice person.

tonksy

the best radio weather man in lake charles, louisiana used to be the best weather man on tv...but he was of a experimenting nature and several years ago he was admitted to the next town overs hospital for a large garden vegetable stuck in his anus.......i think i would have driven alot further than the next town for treatment...anyway, it is a catholic area and they just couldn't learn the weather from a man who doesn't take their religion seriously and he was canned. robin roberts? rob robinson? rob roberts? i forget.

unclehobart

HomeLAN said:

Russ Minchew? (Minshew?) If it was, it was something like 20 years ago.

Stop Laughing

The best weatherman here is Tom Skilling, the brother of Enron's Jeffrey Skilling. Wherever there's corruption, there's gotta be a Chicago connection, I guess.

HomeLAN

Sharky said:
Eeew. :eek6:

Remember the weather dude in Atlanta who was a suspect in the drowning death of his girlfriend at his houseboat on Lake Lanier? Whatever happened in that case?

I met that guy on the docks once when the sports guy was doing a report on the America's Cup race from a boat in the marina. The weather guy was a helicopter pilot and had flown the sports guy to the marina in the station's helicopter. Seemed like a nice person.

That rings a bell, but I csan't remember the name.

And yeah, I think Minshew was the weather dude.

Obviously, they don't pre-screen vigorously enough around here.

Sharky

HomeLAN said:
That rings a bell, but I csan't remember the name.

And yeah, I think Minshew was the weather dude.

Obviously, they don't pre-screen vigorously enough around here.

Russ Minshew always did kinda look creepy. :erm:

I remembered the chopper pilot's name: Bruce Erion. He was on Channel 11.

HomeLAN

That's right. I thought it might have been Keith Kallan, but the big story there was the fact that the poor dude died way early.