Post #10

Not me, it was probably on my welcome thread (before the perpetual one).

Keep up the good job :cool:

10th on this board.

I take part in a couple other groups (all email based) dealing with photography, and a few groups that deal in older model BMW parts.

Here's why we can't lower the post rate:

class CForumUser
{
public:
.....CForumUser(int desiredpostrate=NORMAL) {postrate=desiredpostrate; } /* Constructs the object */
/* Other members of the class */
private:
.....int postrate;
.....int postcount;
}

int main(void)
{
....CForumUser Professur(HIGH),Luis_G(HIGH); /* Declares and constructs the objects */
........ /* Rest of the code */
}

As you can see Professur, there's the reeason, we were "declared" that way. :D :D

That's my 10th post.

Mine was probably welcoming someone else to the board. I did alot of that right after I joined.

, what kind of photography groups are you talking about? I only belong to photo.net, but I'm always looking for other resources on the web.

I joined two newsgroups on Yahoo. The forums deal with photographers that shoot with Minolta equipment.

The url in my profile links to a page I have with one of those groups allowing me to post pictures for review.

Kinda like photo.net, but again, only for Minolta users.

I really like the way the OTC BB software works. I wish I could find a photo BB that worked just like this.

I searched through my profile and this was my 10th post:

Oh yea I forgot about fertilizer. I just bought some for my Canna Lillies that I'm trying to grow for the first time and it was a general bulb thingy. Used it for my tulips too, we'll see if it works.

I also use Miracle Gro for the houseplants. My Coleus, Pointsettia, Impatiens and Pothos Ivy love it.

Btw Leslie, thanks for that compliment about learning from me, but I don't know all that much. I make sure I know as much as possible about what I have and grow, but as far as anything else, I'm clueless.

A good gardening message board: GardenWeb

I just got a Minolta Maxxum 7000 and bought a 200mm Tamron lens to go with it...

Nifty!

I have an x700 as well as a 600si. I have a Tamron 28-70 and a 100-300 for the 600si. Just a 50 for the x700.

I've never used a 7000, do you like it?

My Dad bought it new years ago and gave me his old Yashica (manual everything) which I used for a b&w photo class in high school. I honestly did not appreciate the equipment he gave me (tripod, zoom lens) when I had it. But recently, my bf's Dad gave us a Minolta x570 which we used for months before we started getting black seeping across our prints. Turns out it would have cost over $100. to fix it and as you know that camera isn't worth it.

I mentioned this to my Dad who has seen my website and was proud of what I was doing (and that I finally caught on to his hobby of years ago) so he decided to give me his Minolta 7000. I love it. AF and Manual, all the standard settings you can expect these days with an LCD panel for the info (f stop etc.) and I must admit, it's nice to not have to manually advance the film. I don't use any of the auto features because I'm getting picky like that. But it's a learning process with a camera like that. I haven't posted any of the new pics to my website or photo.net but I will soon. Maybe tomorrow I'll scan some-you've got me interested again. I've been in a lull. :)

Geez, we are two out of at least three people who are interested in photography. Perhaps it's time for a sub forum? ;)

POST #20!!!

Geez, we are two out of at least three people who are interested in photography. Perhaps it's time for a sub forum?
I'm for it. Who do we ask?

greenfreak: I visited your website. Nice stuff, thought I'd make a list of my fav pics from each section.

1. Old Bethpage - The window shot, w/out flash is amazing! I love the glow in the curtains.

2. Mystic - The shot of the boat through the window is really great. The way you can only see what's through the window is really cool. Great eye!

3. Misc - The bridge coming through the fog. Classic shot well done. We don't have bridge's like that down here.

4. People - The shot of DJ in his Easter clothes. Wonderful candid shot. He looks very happy, I don't know I would be if I was wearing suspenders and a bow tie :D

5. Flowers - The orange tulip with purple flowers in the background. Tulips are a personal favorite of mine. This one really stands out against it's background. Nice shot.

6. Bronx Zoo - The third picture in the Rhino House series is really nice. Great subject matter, composition is good, a little tilted, but you can probably fix that in PhotoShop. Again, a great shot.

If you ever have any questions regarding the 7000, try [email protected]

They are a wealth of knowledge and info.

That's awesome, thanks for your comments. I crave constructive criticism, you have no idea. I joined a camera club and I'm thinking of submitting some pics for the next competition.

You picked out all of my favorites and all of the ones that I thought were good enough to go on photo.net cool The fourth pic of the Rhino house at the zoo was one that I gave to the people in my club to determine what class I was in-beginner or advanced. This guy looks at that picture and says (sounding all-knowing), "Hmm... St. Augustine's?" I said "Nope. Bronx Zoo." laugh D

Back