Pot/kettle/black

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
A man who hasn't enunciated in 35 years suddenly speaks clearly.

BOB DYLAN has launched a withering attack on contemporary rock bands in the programme notes for his latest American tour.

"I know there are groups at the top of the charts that are hailed as the saviours of rock'n'roll and all that, but they are amateurs. They don't know where the music comes from," he wrote, adding, “I wouldn't even think about playing music if I was born in these times... I'd probably turn to something like mathematics. That would interest me. Architecture would interest me. Something like that."

As previously reported Dylan’s latest leg of his so-called 'Never Ending Tour' opens in Seattle on March 7 and winds up with a five night stint at New York's Beacon Theater, April 25 -30.

Meanwhile, Martin Scorsese's two-part Bob Dylan documentary, ’No Direction Home’, is now likely to air on BBC2 in late September.

Concentrating on Dylan’s career from his arrival in Greenwich Village until his 1966 motorcycle crash, the film will draw on previously unseen archive footage from the singer’s own personal collection, plus new interview material.

I agree with his assesment but Bob Dylan has never gone out of his way to show any prowess with his instrument, because he has none. He's a songwriter, not an entertainer.

Songwriter indeed. Never had a voice to speak of, but a brilliant writer.

I agree with his assessment. When rock and roll lost the crucial element of rebellion and became a corporate whore, it lost its usefulness.

Eh, at least I can still listen to bluegrass...and the hundreds upon hundreds of rock LPs and CDs I already have...should be enough to get me through my golden years I reckon.

Well, SnP, clearly he does have a voice, just not one that many people appreciate. It's a unique voice though, IMO. I always kinda liked it. Gonz, he is a better guitar player than most people give him credit for. When the greatest guitar players in the world are falling at your feet to play with you, you play rythm. He has an excellent understanding of what kind of progression sounds good on an acoustic and how that differs from an electric, and he is an excellent hamonica player. :shrug:

chcr said:
Well, SnP, clearly he does have a voice, just not one that many people appreciate. It's a unique voice though, IMO. I always kinda liked it. Gonz, he is a better guitar player than most people give him credit for. When the greatest guitar players in the world are falling at your feet to play with you, you play rythm. He has an excellent understanding of what kind of progression sounds good on an acoustic and how that differs from an electric, and he is an excellent hamonica player. :shrug:
Ditto to all that, including the :shrug:.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Must just be me then. Sounds like a harelip from where I sit.

No, it's not just you. For every person I know who like his voice, I probably know three or four who don't. That puts you in the majority in my experience. If we all liked the same thing, K.C. and the Sunshine Band would never have gone out of style. :bolt:

BeardofPants said:
I love Bob Dylan's voice. :shrug:

Ditto. He does have a rather unique voice, but I do really like it. I do agree with what he says though. Unfortunately " The times they are a changin' "

chcr said:
If we all liked the same thing, K.C. and the Sunshine Band would never have gone out of style. :bolt:
Yeah, those guys had some pretty phat beats, and that's the way, uh-huh uh-huh, you liked it. :D

K62 said:
Ditto. He does have a rather unique voice, but I do really like it. I do agree with what he says though. Unfortunately " The times they are a changin' "
"I used to care, but things have changed..."

Back