Prejudice against german music, Rammstein in particular

Kawaii

I started listening to Rammstein about a week ago, and every time i play it, everyone in my family looks at me like i'm a fucking Nazi or something. Just because the music is german. Makes me sick to my stomach.
It's the same thing with pretty much everyone else i know, except for friends my age... Anyone else experienced this?

Ps: I live in Sweden, so things may be very different where you live.

Kawaii said:
I started listening to Rammstein about a week ago, and every time i play it, everyone in my family looks at me like i'm a fucking Nazi or something. Just because the music is german. Makes me sick to my stomach.
It's the same thing with pretty much everyone else i know, except for friends my age... Anyone else experienced this?

Ps: I live in Sweden, so things may be very different where you live.

It's ignorance and unfounded fear of Germans. However, in their defense most of their songs do sound like magic chants being spoken at a sacrifice to revive Hitler from the grave. Their latest album remidies this to some extent but their earlier stuff is very threatening to non-German ears simply by the way it is delievered.

More with the fact I am a fan of Marilyn Manson than Rammstein. but when I saw Rammstein few years back they were kicked off stage b/c they were naked and doing a song call Bestrafe Mich wich translates to Punish Me.

I can't be prejuice against German music.........I've still got my old Kraftwerk albums :D

and your abba ish sig too(though therye swedish arent tehy ;))

oh yea if you like Rammstein check out KMFDM and older Ministry.

the hives are bloody excellent, and i thought the last cardigans cd was very good.

rammstein are ok, although other german music is equally unacceptable to the general public - oompah bierkeller music, for example.

Back